Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep an eye out for dust.

Options
  • 23-01-2008 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭

There is a small amount of dust deposition forecast for today. Looks like saharan origin.
    http://forecast.uoa.gr/dustindx.html

Post any reports here.

Check windscreens. I'll clean the rain gauge at 9am. Dust collects at bottom of funnel or in the buckets.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mud surely? :p

Mike.

Dust2.jpg

Dust3.jpg

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

is that just dirt or do u think it came from the desert

It was orange, look carefully at the first picture and you can just see the colour tone.

Mike.

Are ye sure thats not rust :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

I'm 100% sure it's sand from the desert! I've lived in Rome for 6 years now and we get it 3-4 times a year. Very surprised to see it in Ireland though. The SW flow was very strong in the past few days, with temps reaching 15-16 degrees in some areas!
    PAT.

BTW the GFS look excellent for nxt wednesday!! I'm still pissed off about that hammering the North and Louth got while I was in Dublin at the start of the month......only saw two or three snow flurries:(

Its not that unusual here, I recall one dustfall in the mid 80s that covered everything in bright orange.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Having pointed out the forecast, I should have known not to clean velux windows yesterday.

Looking at them this morning was like I didn't do them. Very slight, and not as much dust as in Waterford.

I didn't see any in rain gauge, but only recorded 0.4mm rain.

Advertisement