Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Def Leppard New Album March 17th

• 23-01-2008 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

Def Leppard will release their new album titled "Songs from the Sparkle Lounge" on 17th March.

"We gather in the 'Sparkle Lounge' as we call it on tour. We have a tiny kit, a couple of amps and guitars and a fairy lights all over the walls to give it a vibe"
    " Musically, ["Songs from the Sparkle Lounge" is] a big mish mash of various stages of Leppard through the ages, I think. Some of it sounds like "Hysteria" songs recorded during the "High and Dry" period. There's some songs that don't sound like anything we've ever done. I think that's important. We've gone a little left field on a couple of songs. Hopefully, we'll pull in audience interest. Who knows? We may bring in new people. That's the dream of every artist that makes records. We'll have to wait and see on that one."

" I think we've always tried to be adventurous. There's a point and there's an argument that can be said that we have a formula. I've never really believed that we did. I don't think anyone can say that "Slang" was a formulaic album. That was completely off the wall. We jokingly call it commercial suicide because it was so not what people were expecting us to do. Adventurous is a strange word. If we were truly adventurous, we'd be making records like Radiohead. But we don't want to make records like Radiohead, so we don't go that route. It's almost like making records for the sake of it being weird. We're not going to be weird for the sake of it."

"It's more of a case of making memorable songs than being adventurous. It doesn't matter to me if we wrote a song that's so close to "Jumping Jack Flash" or "Brown Sugar" by The Rolling Stones or "You Really Got Me" by the Kinks." It's not close enough to get sued, but it's close enough for people for people to say, "This is the kind of music I like." It's just age-old rock and roll. It's traditional in the sense that maybe nobody's done it for awhile or it's got such a twist on it you don't notice that it sounds like those guys. But the melodies are things that cause people to get up the next day and start whistling the song when they're on their way to work and not quite remember what it is they're whistling because they're not that familiar with it yet."

- Joe Elliott - 2007

The first single will be "Nine Lives"
    Def Lappard are co-headlining Belfast Odyssey Arena with Whitesnake on 21st June.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does boards reprint PR?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

If it's anything like YEAH!, then I'll be very happy. They should also let Phil Collen sing more ^_^

Advertisement