Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

e61 email problem

• 23-01-2008 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Got Vodafone E61
    Popping online Vodafone.ie mail to phone.
    saving mail to Memory card )to save precious memory]
    Yesterday, I deleted all my online email using my laptop.
    Then, when I tried to download a new email, my phone started to lose all email. EverytimeI logged on more email was gone. Obviously memory card synching in reverse with online email.
    Anyway to fix this¿

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

You could try and go to the vodafone mail inbox --> options --> E-Mail Settings and have a fiddle with the default settings and retrieval settings. Dont know if it will work but its gotta be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

Tnx Pyramuid, but it did not work.

anybody, any other suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mmcm888

Are you using POP3 to access the mailbox on both devices? The default setting with Outlook (assuming PC) with pop3 is to delete the mail from the server once you read it. As you read the mail on your laptop, it disappears from the server and your phone is keeping in synch with your mailbox. A better option is to use IMAP - it is more efficient (only downloading headers or a specified number of bytes) and does not delete the messages from the server by default. Also using IMAP on a handset works a treat as mails arrive real-time due to the IMAP idle feature.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement