Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your *NON* BMW/s here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

mick.fr wrote: »
    The VW v10 is worth nothing in UK, like Cayenne, 7 series etc.
    You can easily get a good deal from them. Now VRT wise, I have no idea if you register back here.

A rather negative way of saying "fantastic value second hand". :rolleyes: BTW "V10" is just the engine, its also used in the Touareg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Matt Simis wrote: »
    A rather negative way of saying "fantastic value second hand". :rolleyes: BTW "V10" is just the engine, its also used in the Touareg.

I did not mean to be negative, the V10 is a beautiful engine.
    This is just this is big and prices dropped to the ground in UK for this reason.
    Nobody buy those cars.
    So get a bargain from UK if you want one. they are also usually very well looked after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

drive the turbo 1995+ you will be blown away 0-60 times of 5.2 seconds......
    Yes, am aware of the 240bhp later models... unfortunately it has 2 seats too few for me (and doesn't compare to a 400bhp 300ZX:p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

JHMEG wrote: »
    Yes, am aware of the 240bhp later models... unfortunately it has 2 seats too few for me (and doesn't compare to a 400bhp 300ZX:p)

Did you actually buy it or are you still looking or else have you abandoned the idea of buying a fast, cheap 4 seater car?

• Advertisement

E92 wrote: »
    Did you actually buy it or are you still looking
    I didn't buy that one as it's too powerful. As I said on the original thread I had great difficulty controlling it.:(

Anyway, now that you're here, show us your non-BMW!;)

And cpoh1.. where are your pics.. been looking forward to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I didn't buy that one as it's too powerful. As I said on the original thread I had great difficulty controlling it.:(

Yeah you better stick to those 4-pot non-turbo tiny Honda cars you're used to :p:D;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

unkel wrote: »
    Yeah you better stick to those 4-pot non-turbo tiny Honda cars you're used to :p:D;)

Beemer eaters for short.,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Celica 005.JPG

heres my current motor

• Advertisement

Now I know, for an absolute fact, 100%, you've never driven one.

Barr wrote: »
    heres my current motor
    More info Barr?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

More info Barr?

Its the 190 bhp version mated with a tiptronic gearbox

Barr wrote: »
    Its the 190 bhp version mated with a tiptronic gearbox
    Nice. Had the pleasure of driving a manual 190 a couple of years ago. Very nice machine.. Pity the emissions regulations have killed them off tho... But still, as an owner I'd say ou're prob looking at a car that's increasing in value?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Now I know, for an absolute fact, 100%, you've never driven one.

You guessed right :)

My years of owning Jap cars are long gone fortunately. My ambition in owning cars went a bit above their level I'm afraid ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

My years of owning Jap cars are long gone fortunately. My ambition in owning cars went a bit above their level I'm afraid ;)

Awww, sorry to hear it man,I heard about that stage in life, its sad really, just becomming a boring aul sh1te and waiting to die.,

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

vtec wrote: »
    Awww, sorry to hear it man,I heard about that stage in life, its sad really, just becomming a boring aul sh1te and waiting to die.,

LMAO:)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

vtec wrote: »

Nah, he has hit his mid-life crisis now with the new motor! :D

Anyway, now that you're here, show us your non-BMW!;)
    If I had something interesting to show, then I would, but I don't think a Volvo S40 is the kind of thing a bunch of motoring enthusiasts would find interesting, especially as mine looks the same as any other Mitsubishi based Phase I S40 from that era;)!

There's far more interesting machinery on this thread so I won't spoil it!

Sorry to hear that. You're ruling out some of the best cars and engines ever made, which means you can't call yourself a car fan either. And buying an auld Porsche doesn't buy you credibility...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

My non BMW, now on irish plates! :)

VOM-3.jpg

Mixture042.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Pug 106 GTI

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

tut tut, such motoring..........chauvinism ??

I'm writing this as someone who may want to swap Zuffenhausen for one from.....Hiroshima ??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Matt Simis wrote: »
    My not a BMW:

SideShotwithtower3.jpg

V10 TDI Phaeton

Very tasty, and not as common like all BMW's.

Respect !!!:D

Sorry to hear that. You're ruling out some of the best cars and engines ever made, which means you can't call yourself a car fan either. And buying an auld Porsche doesn't buy you credibility...

Is there anything that's not Japanese that you actually like(apart from the Opel Lotus Omega)?

The Renault was a limited edition Raider, only 1000 made of which about 10 came to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

WHITE_P wrote: »
    The Renault was a limited edition Raider, only 1000 made of which about 10 came to Ireland.

The fact that you didn't keep that Renault is cause for someone to give you a swift kick in the nuts!
    Savage little car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

And is just had a new exhaust, battery and the tank was full!:D Tho in fairness it came with the original alloys which were in a bad way as well as a whole pile of work needed. Digital photos can deceiving.. it was well worn in spots.

What BMW was quicker than your Supra? Not that 1000bhp one over on the BMW thread?:D

E30 M3 Hartge, I think they have an M5 engine though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Mr Lahey

My weekend car.

IMGP1883.jpg?t=1201283159

• Advertisement

Biro wrote: »
    The fact that you didn't keep that Renault is cause for someone to give you a swift kick in the nuts!
    Savage little car!

Nasty pox of a cop took my licence for 2 years.

See this tread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54965153#post54965153

Advertisement