Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your *NON* BMW/s here

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bins

n6q9ky.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Galwaytt , After driving the TT the MX5 must feel fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

What I can't understand is why people are always whinging about BMW here on Motors. You'd swear what ye drove was crap like:D! Why should you complain if you have a lovely car, I hope nobody here is a badge snob? The truth of the matter is that there are some wonderful cars on this thread, far nicer than what I drive and far nicer than plenty of BMWs as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

groupb wrote: »
    Galwaytt , After driving the TT the MX5 must feel fantastic.

er, not quite sure what you mean - the two are like chalk and cheese. The TT is fast, but doesn't feel it - it performs way above what you'd expect an off-the-shelf 1.8 to do. And mine were just 180's - makes you wonder about the point of large engined cars at all..........it's also rock solid at speed (and I saw some (very) large figures on mine......), and feels special - right down to the smell of leather when you open the door, and that interior is still a classic many others aspire to.

The '5 is small, and light, and feels it. You drive it with your finger tips. It also feels about 40mph faster than it is - drive it by ear, and mooching down the main road, you look at the speedo and you're only doing........100kph?? The propensity for it to swop ends of course, also keeps you on your toes....................:D Funny enough the TT uses no more juice than the '5. The '5 you can drive like a looney car, feel it move a bit, and plant the right foot, and you can just hang it out there all day........and know you're still not actually going that fast............great fun - actually, the '5 has half the bhp of the TT.

If ever there was cause for the truism, that enjoyment is inversely proportional to bhp, (and the price, come to think of it.....), the '5 is the embodiment of it.......

Look at this way - my '5 has outlived 2 x TT's, 1 x 911, 1 x E200k ;) , and, soon, my 968.

And I'm still not selling it, and it's worth about €5 - still on it's original paint, flaky and all. Theres something fabulous about a car you don't have to mind, or you don't care about the odd scratch on........:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

My current car

celicayv6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

JHMEG wrote: »
    Something like this maybe:
    427355509_a4c55b713b.jpg

tut tut, that certainly isnt a "Non BMW",.,
    and one fugly one at that.,

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

just goes to show, some people have more money than sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Old car, best 70 euro i ever spent and a fun summer :D

25062005_005.jpg

Renault 19 16v cabrio, birthday present from the wife

730_fcs07.jpg

Integrale

kellysDelRED854.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Sorry bout the delay replying!

Here goes...

Mk2 Crx SiR, totally standard except for uk spec leather seats and legend calipers and rover disks. Came with real black mugen mf8's too!

Dscn0478sized.jpg

Bought the mk3 del sol SiR next off a lad in leitrum after returning home rom the uk. Totally standard with optional lsd. Kept it for 9months before passing it on to a neighbour who had it for nearly for years.

current.jpg

98 mk2 mx5 jdm V-spec came next, picked her up in lusk Dublin. Bilstein suspension, hard top roof, full cream leather. Came with unknown manifold, sports cat, aftermarket backbox and HT leads. Good fun but after the cat gave up the ghost and the clutch cylinder along with the map sensor gave up the ghost within 3 months I passed her on to my mums best mate who still has her.

sbmotorsMX-GRE831.jpg

Back to the uk for an 18 month stint where I picked up a 96 spec Integra typeR, cant find any pics on the pc at home though! Beaut of a car. It got a bit much on the motorways though so I boght a type-s prelude after that. Totally standard, straight off the boat.

544796_20061114081146_7.jpg

494634_20060826070818_6.jpg

The prelude stayed with me for the rest of my stay in the uk, but this bad boy ended up on my drive fro 3 months along the way. A woke colleague was leaving the country and needed rid so I got a good price on her and drove her occasionally before selling her on for a few bob. Totally standard 1992
    jdm rs and a hoot to drive!

23-06-07_1614.jpg

20122006139.jpg

Back home to Ireland and have this at the moment (picture is of her at the ring with her previous owner)

Germany2006Pics031.jpg

I need to get more pics of the skyline and my 1997 suzuki baleno with 150k miles! Sorry about the long winded post.

Next up will be either a 530d or 330d touring for the dogs and surfboards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

galwaytt wrote: »
    er, not quite sure what you mean - the two are like chalk and cheese. The TT is fast, but doesn't feel it - it performs way above what you'd expect an off-the-shelf 1.8 to do. And mine were just 180's - makes you wonder about the point of large engined cars at all..........it's also rock solid at speed (and I saw some (very) large figures on mine......), and feels special - right down to the smell of leather when you open the door, and that interior is still a classic many others aspire to.

The '5 is small, and light, and feels it. You drive it with your finger tips. It also feels about 40mph faster than it is - drive it by ear, and mooching down the main road, you look at the speedo and you're only doing........100kph?? The propensity for it to swop ends of course, also keeps you on your toes....................:D Funny enough the TT uses no more juice than the '5. The '5 you can drive like a looney car, feel it move a bit, and plant the right foot, and you can just hang it out there all day........and know you're still not actually going that fast............great fun - actually, the '5 has half the bhp of the TT.

If ever there was cause for the truism, that enjoyment is inversely proportional to bhp, (and the price, come to think of it.....), the '5 is the embodiment of it.......

Look at this way - my '5 has outlived 2 x TT's, 1 x 911, 1 x E200k ;) , and, soon, my 968.

And I'm still not selling it, and it's worth about €5 - still on it's original paint, flaky and all. Theres something fabulous about a car you don't have to mind, or you don't care about the odd scratch on........:D

I have a mx5 as well and what I was trying to say was that you must find the TT very wooly compared to the MX5. I could'nt agree more about the tail happy nature of it , but it adds to the fun , which is my point. You can go fast in a TT but you'll never have fun. And before you ask I have driven a TT and they are quick but they are really a motorway car.To quote the motoring press you get that "seat of the pants feeling"in a MX5. Like yourself I wo'nt be selling mine anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

cpoh1 wrote: »

544796_20061114081146_7.jpg

494634_20060826070818_6.jpg

Love these cars? never had a drive in one, don't know of any around my county.
    What was your opinion about it?
    How would it compare to a ITR?
    Any niggly faults?

nice little collection man., I love the first CRX, the delsol is a hairdressers car compared to the older one., :) I like those preludes too,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Senna wrote: »
    Love these cars? never had a drive in one, don't know of any around my county.
    What was your opinion about it?
    How would it compare to a ITR?
    Any niggly faults?

Only trouble I had with her was the ATTS light coming on after fast cornoring in 1/2 gear, easily solved by resetting its ecu. Lovely car to drive, much more comfortable than the ITR and every bit as fast too, especially in third upwards. Ontrasck id have the integra but give me the perelude anyday for a shoot up the m1.
    vtec wrote: »
    nice little collection man., I love the first CRX, the delsol is a hairdressers car compared to the older one., :) I like those preludes too,

I actually preferred owning the delsol to be honest, it was much easier to live with. The newer second generation b16a was much fresher than in the mk2 and was running much better. I didnt notice any difference performance wise between the two except at the very limit and even then only with the delsol roof off, the delsol had the lsd too. The only people who call the delsol a haridressers car are people who have never driven them, remember its an eg civic SiR with a clip off roof!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Wowo guys some pretty nice jammers here!

Here's my Honda Civic Type R:

typer1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Here goes:
    893161_20080124060121_11.jpg
    893161_20080124060132_13.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Old car, best 70 euro i ever spent and a fun summer :D

25062005_005.jpg

LOL!

Did you buy that on Ebay or was it you that had it listed? Much entertainment was had keeping an eye on that listing. Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

milltown wrote: »
    LOL!

Did you buy that on Ebay or was it you that had it listed? Much entertainment was had keeping an eye on that listing. Legend!

I had it listed, it was up twice. First time before the makeover where i said it would get the general lee paintjob if it didn't sell!

Full story of it below
    http://www.retro-renault.com/forums/renault-1990-1992/630-lee.html

cpoh1 wrote: »
    I actually preferred owning the delsol to be honest, it was much easier to live with. The newer second generation b16a was much fresher than in the mk2 and was running much better. I didnt notice any difference performance wise between the two except at the very limit and even then only with the delsol roof off, the delsol had the lsd too. The only people who call the delsol a haridressers car are people who have never driven them, remember its an eg civic SiR with a clip off roof!

lol., no offence intended mate, after all id give my right arn for your EF CRX.., I had a delsol myself and just never liked it as a car regardless of the engine in it. mine wasnt the B16 though, it was a 1.5 one but it always felt like a poser mobile to me. kinda one of those cars that people buy to show off but know nothing about cars if ya know what i mean, the type in suits that drive MX5s and astra bertones and think they look great., the ruin the rep of a lot of cars,.lol,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Great stuff, I enjoyed reading that again.
    How unlucky were you to have it stolen twice though?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jargarbo

fiesta steele.. my first car. Called her precious.

Grand Vitara... 2nd

My current... MX5 call her.. Viewty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭the magician

Here's what I drive at the moment.IT's a Focus Zetec Siena, Nice car but i think i, need something with a bit of grunt next though.It's a shame the Focus St is pretty expensive here as the salesman rang me recently to ask if i was changing and was offering me ridiculously good money for trade-in but only the ST interests me in the ford range at the moment.

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

Advertisement