Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cynic to record new album

• 23-01-2008 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=88671
    Quality technical metal connoisseurs and open-minded music lovers in general will be delighted to hear that Florida's legendary CYNIC have returned to creative power after a successful European re-union tour in the summer of 2007 and will soon be recording a new album, their second after 1993's genre-shattering "Focus" debut.

CYNIC founding members Paul Masvidal (guitars / vocals) and Sean Reinert (drums), who both gained reputation and praise while performing alongside Chuck Schuldiner and DEATH in the recording and touring lineup for the milestone album "Human", are currently in Sanford, Florida, working on the mix for three new demo tracks together with producer Jason Suecof (TRIVIUM, CHIMAIRA, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, DEVILDRIVER, etc.) at his own Audiohammer Studios. The three new tracks are entitled "Integral Birth", "Evolutionary Sleeper" and "Adam's Murmur", but Masvidal and Reinert have already written a full album's worth of new material and the band will use the demo to begin talks with record companies about a 2008 release.

Masvidal comments, "I'm amazed that we're here again, and that is a testament to the unpredictable beauty of the creative process. We received so much inspiration during last summer's reunion tour that a flood of new material has since poured out of us. There must be a default metal root in us from childhood that insists on being watered and loved, so we're just trying to keep up with ourselves — the CYNIC sirens are screaming inside and won't let up! Our policy has always been about surrendering to what feels most organic and staying in the flow. To put it mildly, this last year has been a creatively abundant and productive period. We're intoxicated about now and the future."

More news on CYNIC's recording and touring plans will soon be announced, and a new website will soon be launched at www.cyniconline.com.

Watch CYNIC performing the new song "Evolutionary Sleeper" at Hovefestivalen in Norway, June 2007:

This is absolutely fantastic news. Cynic are just incredible, and I have to say that I love the above song, so the new material should be great. Can't wait.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I've never heard and of their stuff before but that video is really good. I was expecting harsh vocals but all the videos I checked on youtube have strange vocal effects, still, the music more than makes up for it, I might have to check these guys out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Evolutionary Sleeper doesn't stand up next to Focus, but they've come a long way, so perhaps something different is right for them now. All in all, I'm thoroughly excited about the new album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

That was a pretty class track I have to say ! Looking forward to the new album !

Interesting guitar the lead has there, how does he tune it ? Are the tuners at the bridge ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Best news of 2008 so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

John wrote: »
    Best news of 2008 so far.
    Come December it still will be ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Evolutionary Sleeper seemed almost pop-ish, but still a good song.

It may be in their best interest to tour with/as a death metal band to get their blood pumping. Not sure what Focus would have been like had it been recorded before Masvidal and Reinert recorded and toured Human.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I've been dying to listen to the song again all day ! Gotta love those vocals !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Very impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Didn't like that song much, but then I never liked Focus much either. Looks like they're still doing enough drugs to take down a rhinocerous though, so their inspiration should be solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 cecil sapphire

Try out Paul MAsdival and Sean Reinerts band Aeon Spoke. They started this band after Cynic was disbanded. They are great but very different from Cynic. Much more mellow but great stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement