Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

More Reports About Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy

• 23-01-2008 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

UK's Classic Rock recently tracked down Beta Lebeis, personal manager of Axl Rose, who confirmed to the magazine that GUNS N' ROSES' "Chinese Democracy" album "was finished before Christmas."

She added: "Everybody knows that."

Lebeis said Axl is currently "in negotiations" with unspecified parties to arrange to album's on-sale date.

However, Classic Rock believes that "Chinese Democracy" may not be "released" in the traditional sense — at least not initially.

The magazine suspects that GN'R may follow the RADIOHEAD route of pay-as-you-like downloads. But the publications stresses that this has not been confirmed.

Another source close to the GN'R camp also suggested that "Chinese Democracy" may gain a conventional release in late summer, with a view to it becoming "a big Christmas album."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

The record label spend over $13m financing Chinese Democracy and then Axl goes and releases it for free?

Not gonna happen.

I'm not gonna get excited about any of this new GNR news. I believed the hype back in 2006 and was badly let down. I don't doubt that it will eventually come out and that it will be better than most expect it to be though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

Starting to think all this we'll see it this year, it just an attempt to remind people GNR still exist. Wouldn't be supprised if we see another VR, album before this is released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

*yawns* Getting tired of old Mr Rose to be honest.

Shut up, put the ****ing album out.

Your not gonan change the face of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

"Chinese Democracy" is dead to me, to keep anyone waiting 13 years on a cd is insane, just goes to show you axl is a tempremental f!ck who does things in his own time and doesn't care about anything else but him self!

F*?k axl, and f*?k Chinese Democracy

Someone's personality should really have an impact on your liking of their music....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I seen this band twice in 2006, had tickets to see them a third time, but after the performance they gave at Wembley Arena the first night I actually did the unthinkable and sold the ticket to a scalper outside the venue on the 2nd night.

It wasnt that the performance itself was bad, far from it, but it was the fact that there was a 120minute wait between BFMV and Guns N Roses and the following night public transport was pretty much shutting down early in London so there would have been no way of getting home. I barely made it home the first night and I left the gig an hour early.

After that I said that if Axl cant make the allowance that some of his fans will physically be unable to get home if he starts a concert past midnight then I cant respect him enough not to sell the ticket - for face value - and take myself back to the safety of my lodging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Another 'Chinese Democracy' story.

Jaysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Here's another rumour. Chinese Democracy has been binned and he's almost finished a new album due out within the next 13 years. This rumour was started by me, just now, to stir some sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I just preordered this and Duke Nukem Forever..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

at this rate there's going to be democracy in china before there's chinese democracy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

at this rate there's going to be democracy in china before there's chinese democracy

Oh no you di'in'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

fortuneg wrote: »
    Oh no you di'in'!

Nice! Nicely timed, nicely phrased! To me this is one of those things that you see and say im gonna rob that and use it around other people and pretend its my own.
    Thank you sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

load of ****, this album is going to flop. and axl is a moron, im going to limewire it, just to spite axl, i hope everybody does the same:D
    actually on second thought, i reckon if axl gets the bandwgon going, youll see every sham wearing a GnR top.......shudders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

kona wrote: »
    load of ****, this album is going to flop. and axl is a moron, im going to limewire it, just to spite axl, i hope everybody does the same:D
    actually on second thought, i reckon if axl gets the bandwgon going, youll see every sham wearing a GnR top.......shudders

The sad thing is that even after all this time, Appetite for Destruction is such a great album. Pity they never lived up to that potential.

The sad thing is that even after all this time, Appetite for Destruction is such a great album. Pity they never lived up to that potential.

ive said it before, the band broke at the right time, their next album would have flopped big time!!
    i mean look at use your illusion, they had 1 album of decent songs off the two. got greedy and released two albums, democracy is the same, pure money generator.
    There were plenty of better bands than GnR tbh!!!
    GnR got the hype.
    apparantly they were all show and no go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

1408 wrote: »
    UK's Classic Rock recently tracked down Beta Lebeis, personal manager of Axl Rose, who confirmed to the magazine that GUNS N' ROSES' "Chinese Democracy" album "was finished before Christmas."

She added: "Everybody knows that."

Lebeis said Axl is currently "in negotiations" with unspecified parties to arrange to album's on-sale date.

However, Classic Rock believes that "Chinese Democracy" may not be "released" in the traditional sense — at least not initially.

The magazine suspects that GN'R may follow the RADIOHEAD route of pay-as-you-like downloads. But the publications stresses that this has not been confirmed.

Another source close to the GN'R camp also suggested that "Chinese Democracy" may gain a conventional release in late summer, with a view to it becoming "a big Christmas album."

Rolling Stone are reporting the same story, so it seems like it will be finally released this year. They're saying it could be late summertime.

We'll see..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

Personally Im waiting to see if something appears on the bands 'official' website or if it appears on blabbermouth.net out of the blue

"GUNS N' ROSES are one of the greatest bands of all time. They are a band that is capable of totally turning rock around. Even though now heavy metal and hard rock are really big they could be responsible for making things big. They have a huge dedicated fan base. The other thing that has blown me away about them is that the kids are so young you know? Most of these kids weren't even alive when 'Appetite for Destruction' came out!"
    "Metal" Mike Chlasciak

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

ive said it before, the band broke at the right time, their next album would have flopped big time!!
    i mean look at use your illusion, they had 1 album of decent songs off the two. got greedy and released two albums, democracy is the same, pure money generator.
    There were plenty of better bands than GnR tbh!!!
    GnR got the hype.
    apparantly they were all show and no go

You never change "Kona" one big fu@kin chip on your shoulder!!!!!,

democracy is the same, pure money generator.
    It's cost over $13m and it's not certain at all if it will make a profit or not...

If it were a money generator, it'd have been released years ago and there would have been many New GNR albums since.

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    It's cost over $13m and it's not certain at all if it will make a profit or not...

If it were a money generator, it'd have been released years ago and there would have been many New GNR albums since.

i dont have a chip on my shoulder, if i did i wouldnt own all the GnR catalog.;)
    they were good, im just sick of everybody thinking the sun shines out of their asses thats all. same with fuppin led zep.:D:D

and yes it is a money gernerator, look at it from the view of axl as apposed to the record company.
    axl is making a mint off this, the longer he can milk it the better.

record companies aint dumb, they aint a charity, they obviously think that they will make their money back.

and do you believe everything you read;):confused:
    no ****ing way has $13m been spent on this album.......its called hype, they will use it to sell more albums, random joe will buy it to see what the fuss is because some jackass music journalist in the sunday rag said that it cost $13m.
    how are these guys music journalists, they say what the record companies want them to say...puppets:D:

il give axl one thing , he still knows how to play the game!!

• Advertisement

The sad thing is that even after all this time....

.....most GNR albums are re-releases, badly composed live sets, Greatest Hits compilations and just plain confusing (see Use Your Illusion single disc sold in American Walmart stores)

i dont have a chip on my shoulder, if i did i wouldnt own all the GnR catalog.;)
    they were good, im just sick of everybody thinking the sun shines out of their asses thats all. same with fuppin led zep.:D:D
    We're not talking about the old GNR here though, we're talking about Axl's solo project which happens to be also called GNR. The majority of people I've talked to hate or don't care about the New GNR without having even heard them.
    no ****ing way has $13m been spent on this album.......its called hype, they will use it to sell more albums, random joe will buy it to see what the fuss is because some jackass music journalist in the sunday rag said that it cost $13m.
    Bullshít. The $13m figure was taken from Geffen documents.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/06/arts/music/06leed.html?ei=5090&en=a13c0fac87670850&ex=1267851600&adxnnl=1&partner=rssuserland&pagewanted=all&adxnnlx=1195322585-YcO/12l8xR/GIod6+bXFQA

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    We're not talking about the old GNR here though, we're talking about Axl's solo project which happens to be also called GNR. The majority of people I've talked to hate or don't care about the New GNR without having even heard them.

Bullshít. The $13m figure was taken from Geffen documents.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/06/arts/music/06leed.html?ei=5090&en=a13c0fac87670850&ex=1267851600&adxnnl=1&partner=rssuserland&pagewanted=all&adxnnlx=1195322585-YcO/12l8xR/GIod6+bXFQA

same way the US spend $500 on a toilet brush;)
    somthing is being syphoned off somwhere, my guess is tom zutout he a dodgey fupper, anyways
    i have heard the few leaked songs on the internet and the live set from rock in rio....and they aint anywhere near the old GnR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

I love the fact that so many people I know get so worked up over this album - I liked the few leaked songs I've heard, and if and when it arrives in shops it'll be the same as any other album - if it's good i'll buy it, if not i'll pass.
    that's all there is to it.

does make for a cracking piece of rock folklore though doesn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

hyn-zie wrote: »
    axl is a tempremental f!ck who does things in his own time and doesn't care about anything else but him self!

yeah, man!!!Rock n' Roll!!!!!

pyure wrote: »
    does make for a cracking piece of rock folklore though doesn't it ?

check out the forthcoming March issue of Classic Rock and you'll see a new article about same said album

1408 wrote: »
    check out the forthcoming March issue of Classic Rock and you'll see a new article about same said album

A "new" article?? Yeah, right!? :rolleyes:

*yawns*. I bet it's just old information being regurgitated??

Axl, give it up already ffs.

no its a new article based on tom zutats personal experience with the album in 2002

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭emoKILLER

downloaded a version of Chinese Democracy today and am listening to it right now. Not sure how many songs i have will actualy be on the final version. the songs are
    1 Better
    2 Irs
    3 There was a time
    4 Catcher in the rye
    5 Chinese democracy
    6 Blues
    7 Madagascar
    8 Rhiad and the bedouins
    9 Oh my god
    10 Silkworms

Its excelent. i didnt see them in 2006, did they play any of these songs in the rds?

• Advertisement

emoKILLER wrote: »
    downloaded a version of Chinese Democracy today and am listening to it right now. Not sure how many songs i have will actualy be on the final version. the songs are
    1 Better
    2 Irs
    3 There was a time
    4 Catcher in the rye
    5 Chinese democracy
    6 Blues
    7 Madagascar
    8 Rhiad and the bedouins
    9 Oh my god
    10 Silkworms

Its excelent. i didnt see them in 2006, did they play any of these songs in the rds?

I have that one too(I think?). The songs they played at the RDS were Better, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, and The Blues.

Better, Madagascar and The Blues are great songs. Not sure about CD??? There Was A Time is going to be a future GNR classic if it gets released!? It sounds like some of the stuff off UYI.

Last I heard was Axl's manager saying that they hope to get the album out this year......??

:rolleyes:

Advertisement