Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

More Reports About Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭emoKILLER

Better, Madagascar and The Blues are great songs. Not sure about CD??? There Was A Time is going to be a future GNR classic if it gets released!? It sounds like some of the stuff off UYI.

:rolleyes:
    +1 great songs, nearly worth the waite!!
    Last I heard was Axl's manager saying that they hope to get the album out this year......??

in what year did Axl's manager say that!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

I have that one too(I think?). The songs they played at the RDS were Better, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, and The Blues.

Better, Madagascar and The Blues are great songs. Not sure about CD??? There Was A Time is going to be a future GNR classic if it gets released!? It sounds like some of the stuff off UYI.

Last I heard was Axl's manager saying that they hope to get the album out this year......??

That Concert was possible the most most rediculous sset list ever...
    one song...New Member Gutar solo....one song....piano solo....one song....another guitar solo

One of the solos was one of the guitarists playing "beautiful" by Christina Aguilara Start to f***ing finish!!!

The Album i think is gonna sell because anyone who knows and likes GNR will be curious as to what its like. I think it will be a big seller!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,500 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I have that one too(I think?). The songs they played at the RDS were Better, Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, and The Blues.

He played a few of thoses songs 7 years ago in Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

That Concert was possible the most most rediculous sset list ever...
    one song...New Member Gutar solo....one song....piano solo....one song....another guitar solo

One of the solos was one of the guitarists playing "beautiful" by Christina Aguilara Start to f***ing finish!!!

The Album i think is gonna sell because anyone who knows and likes GNR will be curious as to what its like. I think it will be a big seller!!!

That's cos poor Axl is getting on a bit, and can't run around like he used to. He needs his rest between songs, poor chap.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

That's cos poor Axl is getting on a bit, and can't run around like he used to. He needs his rest between songs, poor chap.:D
    Yeah apparently he was in an oxygen tent between songs!!!
    It sure helped his voice cos he was perfect!!

• Advertisement

Yeah apparently he was in an oxygen tent between songs!!!

:eek::D No way!!!??? That's hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

They didn't play Chinese Democracy at the RDS. They played Better, Madagascar and The Blues. The reason Richard Fortus and Robin Finck did an instrumental Beautiful is because they are good friends with Linda Perry who wrote the song and Richard Fortus dedicated it to his wife who had just given birth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i completely agree, his voice was impecible! does anyone remeber when "gnr" played the vmas a good few years ago (when buckethead was still with them) his voice was muck, so he worked on it and was amazing!

as far as Chinese democracy, i rele like the songs i have heard so far! but the amount of guest guitarists on this album is mad, ive heard not only buckethead but brian may, and dave navarro!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

buckethead but brian may, and dave navarro!

Dave Navarro only done a solo in "Oh My God" which was a brutal song, Shaquiell O'Neill is also guest, Zakk Wylde went in there at some stage also,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

a lot of this information has been thrown around the last couple of years and Im afraid at this stage is completely incorrect. Shaq met Dizzy Reed and Brian Mania in a studio during the early Chinese Democracy recording sessions but did not actually even meet Axl Rose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

shaq on a gnr song would be kinda strange imo! ur guaranteed this album is gonna sell loads of copies on presales alone, good or bad! (but by this stage itll have to be a great album)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_democracy, here you will see he is down as an additional musician

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

It seems the wiki has been edited....

Shaquille O'Neill will not be appearing on Chinese Democracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

haha guns n roses

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    It seems the wiki has been edited....

Shaquille O'Neill will not be appearing on Chinese Democracy.

Well from looking for updates on it the last 3 years or so it has been there and i've also read it in Q years ago, how i can remember is cause i though it was a bit strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

conanm wrote: »
    haha guns n roses

:D:D:D
    shaq singing:D:D:D

is he not a basketball player???

sure they could get kevin keegan to sing on it with his HUGE perm.....the new slash:D:D

****ing joke tbh, why cant they get proper bands to do backing vocals etc??

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Well from looking for updates on it the last 3 years or so it has been there and i've also read it in Q years ago, how i can remember is cause i though it was a bit strange
    Oh, the Shaq thing was always on the wiki, it just used to explicitly say that the recording he did with them would not be appearing on Chinese Democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jax2006

Anybody got good solid info on this album?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

wind up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

There's a thread about it in the rock and metal forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

How could they still be working on it up to now?

Betcha it's sh*te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

jax2006 wrote: »
    Anybody got good solid info on this album?

Last I heard it was confirmed finished by Beta, Axl's personal assistant, who spoke to Classic Rock magazine last month.

She said that they were just attempting to work out a situation with a potential label (maybe Geffen, maybe another) whereby they could release it and market it the way Axl Rose wanted....but who knows how that is?

In the meantime his 'bandmates' continue to go unnoticed in the streets of New York and wait for a time when they will actually be recognized as proper members of GNR. Its amazing Robin Finck has been in the band as long as he has (11 years) and he has never been credited on an album as a member of Guns N Roses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

1408 wrote: »
    Last I heard it was confirmed finished by Beta, Axl's personal assistant, who spoke to Classic Rock magazine last month.

She said that they were just attempting to work out a situation with a potential label (maybe Geffen, maybe another) whereby they could release it and market it the way Axl Rose wanted....but who knows how that is?

In the meantime his 'bandmates' continue to go unnoticed in the streets of New York and wait for a time when they will actually be recognized as proper members of GNR. Its amazing Robin Finck has been in the band as long as he has (11 years) and he has never been credited on an album as a member of Guns N Roses

Im still highly cynical of ever seeing this album. I remember being laughed at on these boards in 2006 for saying that democracy will come to China before we see this album. However, its almost two years since I saw them in dublin, four years since they headlined rock in Rio, and six years since the VMAs. Nothing has happened. This constant struggle between band an management is a joke.

Nothing?? The leaking of demos of half the album was a fairly significant event IMO...

1408 wrote: »

That's because he, and all the other members(apart from Axl & Dizzy)have not recorded any material together before now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

I hear Duke Nukem Forever is coming out this year.

TWAT would rank as one of my favourite songs ever actually. That solo is just so good........

• Advertisement
Advertisement