Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squash Court

Options
  • 23-01-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere you can play in Sligo indoor , preferable lunchtime. Tennis Court Gilley whats the membership ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

can't remember how much.

i can pm you the number. ask for Patsy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I play squash about 4-5 times a week in the tennis Club on The Old Bundoran Road.Its the only place to play squash in Sligo.
    Green Fees cost €5 per hour plus an extra €3 per hour for lights and €2 per hour of heaters.
    Membership cost me €130 but that was an offer because it was a certain date and its student rates.
    Patsy doesn't work there anymore,there is a a new manager called Martin.

Hopefully that's enough information for you.

bobcar61 wrote: »

I feel old!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Brianb8802

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I play squash about 4-5 times a week in the tennis Club on The Old Bundoran Road.Its the only place to play squash in Sligo.
    Green Fees cost €5 per hour plus an extra €3 per hour for lights and €2 per hour of heaters.
    Membership cost me €130 but that was an offer because it was a certain date and its student rates.

Hopefully that's enough information for you.

Joined this year aswell, grand courts. They have ladders there aswell every wednesday. They told me that they have scrapped the green fees now, and it members only. Dont see why, ive never seen more than 2 courts full.

Brianb8802 wrote: »
    Joined this year aswell, grand courts. They have ladders there aswell every wednesday. They told me that they have scrapped the green fees now, and it members only. Dont see why, ive never seen more than 2 courts full.

Big mistake! They need to keep the money coming in there!
    They have two huge competitions in that club a year. The Club championships in September and the West of Ireland in April/may.

They need to encourage tennis more and allow joe soap to pay his green fee to try it out!
    Most ppl won't join until they've tried it out with a friend a few times!

• Advertisement

Gillie wrote: »
    Most ppl won't join until they've tried it out with a friend a few times!

To be fair, i said i was thinkin of joining and they let me play for free 2 or three times (Well i payed for the lights). But your right about the green fees, the place is like a morgue most of the time

The crowd they get for the West of Ireland is massive! It's a shame there are not more tourney's there!

I just broke my racket today, you know anywhere to pick one up in sligo?

Edit: Squash Racket

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im sure there are quite a few rackets in Sligo :D

muffler wrote: »
    Im sure there are quite a few rackets in Sligo :D

Thanks for the helpful input Mr. Mod

• Advertisement

Tennis racket?
    Barton Smiths or Evelrys.
    Don't know about Squash Rackets.

(We all know there are a lot more rackets in Donegal!!);)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Any good sports shop should have them. I get mine in JJB in Derry.

Gillie wrote: »
    Tennis racket?

Oh sorry forgot to say that, im looking for squash rackets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Elverys they have two types 20euro and sixty euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Your best bet to get a squash racket is from Siobhan who runs the sports shop in the club,its only small but has a selection.
    What kind of racket would you be looking for eg.whats your standard of squash.

Looking for a half decent one. Ive only been playing about 6 months, so wouldn't be the best, but not crap either. Last racket i had was a Wilson N Code (150g), cost about 60 euro. Being a beginner and all that it hit the wall hard a good few times, the top of it was suffering. Kinda gotten out of that habit nowbut still would like to get a durable one.

What rackets do ye guys have. Is there much difference really between the brands, weights?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Hitting the wall is a pain alright.

I just buy whatever I feel comfortable with in the shop and change it when needed.

Advertisement