Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leather Jacket Scam comes to Charlesland

Options
  • 23-01-2008 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Was stopped by an italian guy this morning outside SQ who said he was on his way back to Italy after a trade show in the ramada in bray, and was trying to offload his spare stock of versace jackets for the knockdown price of €250 each, before he went back to italy..
    Don`t fall for it - he will show you a genuine leather jacket and ask you to try it on, then will give you one thats in a plastic wrapping that is not leather - it's pvc and it stinks..
    I politley told him whare to go.... Called the Ramada when I got home and they have not had anything like a clothes trade show there..

See below link for more info.
    http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=18693

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

haha... this guy approached me -in a brand new car, probably rented- in front of my office in Cherrywood with this scam! Should've used stronger language with him that time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

As with all scams, if it's too good to be true, then it usually isn't!

Thanks for the heads-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Amazing. Have seen this in Sydney at petrol stations etc. Shows pasport, card from concierge at hotel, etc. Theres another one with a guy in a truck shouting out a window about speakers. You '' buy them off the back of a truck''. they must be good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 JackBlack

Ha ha had some dude try this scam on me 2day outside the AIB in sandyford. Started off by asking me if i was a businessman working in the area. I work in IT and looked like a broke student at best so for the start this had scam written all over it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

How do people fall for this? i mean would you really buy something off a stranger in the street? anyone who falls for it i have no sympathy :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement