Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how long for summons to be sent

• 23-01-2008 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

hi

I was stopped last july at a check point and because i didnt have my insurance disk ( only had the car 3 days so no disk but had cover letter ) i was asked to produce my insurance cert within 10 days but long story short i ended up in hospital for a few weeks and compleatly forgot about it. I have not heared anything or recived a summons so i was just wondering how long it takes to get a summons or could it be a case the the guard never bothered to report it ( he was very nice and understanding ) so i should just forget about it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They must apply to the district court for a summons within 6 months of you being stopped. The summons may not be issued for some time there after and then I can still be some time before it is served. The summons must be served at least 21 days before the court by registered post or 7 days in the case of the summons being served by a garda on you personally.

I would wait a year before you are in the clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Is there a way for a citizen to check with the courts if a summons has been applied to a district court and is impending to be served?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Not officially at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I would go into the garda station and explain the situation and not wait for a summons, sitting on yer hands waiting for the all clear for a year makes no sence.

If you were covered by the insurance yet had no disk, the police are fair imo and will understand.

Why would you wait around without contacting the police waiting for the all clear??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭dbrady01

The reason i was thinking about waiting to see if something happens instead of going to my local station and explaining is i am afraid if i go and bring it to the attention of the guards when there is no need ( ie the guard that stopped me never followed it up ) is that i might end up charged with failing to produce

• Advertisement
Advertisement