Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the difference between these two threads?

Options
  • 23-01-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭

1 2

Why is one locked and a warning is given(rightly so imo) while the other is allowed to rumble on?

Is advice on insurance fraud allowed on AH?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Different mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Different forums, different rules.

You can call Berty a tranny in the Thunderdome but not in the Politics forums.

Had you picked two threads from the same forum that were similar enough yet treated differently then the subjectivity of the modding process would come into question ... but you havent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

6th wrote: »
    Different forums, different rules.

Bingo. ;)

Bingo. ;)

Thank you, I will now break with my usual form and abandon this thread ..... good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Srsly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ah, Mr. complete care has arrived. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

To echo 6th:

Its the same as posting a thread called 'Would You?' with a detailed description of your girlfriend in PI, where it would get locked. Whereas in AH it might provide hours of fun. Silliness is tolerated in someplaces. Not in others.

Tatle tail. In my experience people commonly drive over insured phones.

It's hardly telling tales, you posted on a public site. I wanted to know why your morally dubious thread was left open. The answer was what I suspected, looks like you're free to post away. :)
    If you do go with the bucket of water approach try not to electrocute yourself... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Would now be a good time to mention that I read both threads and happen to work for Dell customer care.

I don't but you know, if I did :D

• Advertisement

I wasn't serious.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I hate when people edit out comments theyve made. :mad: If youre going to say something questionable, at least have the courage to stand over the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Jackz wrote: »
    I wasn't serious.
    Yeah, and I'm not black an asshole.

I defended that thread on the basis that I believe in the good in people. I'm a hippeh. There. The secret is out. I let it slide because I was not going to call Jackz a filthy rotten lying thieving scumbag when s/he said had explicitly stated that it was not fraudulent. When that same user turned around, and quite "srsly" said that they intended to defraud the companies. I had no choice but to remove the thread, infract Jackz and go back to believing the worse in humanity.
    As a result of this BIG ****ING DRAMA, I am now back banning lusers - one of which was Jackz after they still insisted that 'it was a joke!1!!! zomg!11!' and threw their toys of the pram and asked to be banned. I obliged. See?! I'm still a nice guy.

Jackz, continue to claim it was a joke and I'll re-post the contents or make sure an SMod or Admin takes a look at them and leave it in their capable, misanthropic hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Mods, please lock this thread and the other thread that does not exist.

Have to go, my microwave just pinged to say my phone is done.

Not your ornery onager

Cheers Karoma.

Karoma wrote: »
    Yeah, and I'm not black an asshole.

I defended that thread on the basis that I believe in the good in people. I'm a hippeh. There. The secret is out. I let it slide because I was not going to call Jackz a filthy rotten lying thieving scumbag when s/he said had explicitly stated that it was not fraudulent. When that same user turned around, and quite "srsly" said that they intended to defraud the companies. I had no choice but to remove the thread, infract Jackz and go back to believing the worse in humanity.
    As a result of this BIG ****ING DRAMA, I am now back banning lusers - one of which was Jackz after they still insisted that 'it was a joke!1!!! zomg!11!' and threw their toys of the pram and asked to be banned. I obliged. See?! I'm still a nice guy.

Jackz, continue to claim it was a joke and I'll re-post the contents or make sure an SMod or Admin takes a look at them and leave it in their capable, misanthropic hands.

Go for it!,your "back banning users", I just asked you to ban me because I think your a tool and I'd rather not be part of a forum you moderate.

I was joking and after I made up a more complete story still there was no detractors on the thread.

As it happens I am waiting for an admin to change my username as I am entitled to as a subscriber and then im scrambling both my password and username, so don't worry your little head about what I think.

Thank you, I will now break with my usual form and abandon this thread ..... good day.

Who was I trying to kid?

6th prediction: Jackz will re-register by Valentines day.

KtK wrote: »
    I hate when people edit out comments theyve made. :mad: If youre going to say something questionable, at least have the courage to stand over the comments.

It was nothing questionable I was researching departing this place and if my posts were removed / removable, aparently not.

Who was I trying to kid?

6th prediction: Jackz will re-register by Valentines day.

Crystal ball or tarot?

Rune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

As it happens I am waiting for an admin to change my username as I am entitled to as a subscriber and then im scrambling both my password and username, so don't worry your little head about what I think.

Then why did you edit out your first 2 posts in this thread, surely if you are just looking to get off the site you wouldn't have bothered. Also why did you want karoma to ban you, do you just not have the will power not to go into AH

jsb wrote: »
    Then why did you edit out your first 2 posts in this thread, surely if you are just looking to get off the site you wouldn't have bothered. Also why did you want karoma to ban you, do you just not have the will power not to go into AH

I needed the excuse to leave this blackhole and I didn't want to be associated with anything i have submitted recently that I will not be around to defend / continue the convo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You were trolling in other AH threads.
    Karoma was right to ban you. End of story.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

...I didn't want to be associated with anything i have submitted recently...
    In that case, and with all due respect (and I mean that sincerely), perhaps you shouldn't have submitted it.

I give this thread 5 stars for the correct use of 'misanthropic' in a sentence.

Terry wrote: »
    You were trolling in other AH threads.
    Karoma was right to ban you. End of story.

I ..... asked ..... him ..... to ..... ban ..... me.

I only got an infraction from him, and YOU acuse me of trolling? Crazy.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    In that case, and with all due respect (and I mean that sincerely), perhaps you shouldn't have submitted it.

Maybe quote all of my post next time.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I honestly don't think it would help your case.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I honestly don't think it would help your case.

I assumed I would have my username changed quickly and then be done by scrambling my e-mail/password, that hasn't happened so yes it appears stupid that I removed some contributions. I will put the posts back as acurately as I remember.

• Advertisement

Tatle tail. In my experience people commonly drive over insured phones.
    should be
    Jackz wrote:
    Tattle tails get locked in the press. We drive over mobile phones in my house.

That's the way i remember it.

Advertisement