Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What restaurant is Dundalk really missing??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eatalot

I agree Dundalk could do with a wider variety of restaurants. Other than going to Rosso, i wouldnt consider eating in any other place in Dundalk. As for the thread on take aways, i have to write about Tonys. Ur 1 that works in it is probably the most sacry person i have ever come across. Was der 1 nyt and ordered a burger, when i asked for cheese on it (after my initial order), she nearly pulled me across the counter with temper. How dare i ask for cheese!! Not only did she go red in the face but she gave out to me in front of a q of people. After a few minutes of tutting and throwing me dirty looks i got my order and low and behold..no cheese! She probably spat on it too. An absolutely horrible person and i will not be going there again.

On the other side of things....went to Rosso recently. Absolutely gorgeous. The only down side was the hippie(ish) waitress who sang as we got our food but kept forgetting to bring us the water we asked for (having asked 3 times!). The popcorn at the start was a treat and everything that followed was beautiful. The chocolate fondant at the end was to die for and i will definatley be returning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maggeemay

headed to a wedding in ballymac, anyone know what food is like or even price of eating in the restaurant staying for 3 days an food cost extra only b+b, need to pay for dinner, lunches etc...6 of us ene ideas?? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

maggeemay wrote: »
    headed to a wedding in ballymac, anyone know what food is like or even price of eating in the restaurant staying for 3 days an food cost extra only b+b, need to pay for dinner, lunches etc...6 of us ene ideas?? thanks

Ah the Ballymac, you'll love it! the bar during the day has a great menu, and is really good value imo. I think its around 5euro for soup & roll - its very tasty. Grand for lunch, for dinner your not too far from one of my favorite spots in the world Carlingford! Any amount of fine restaurants there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Whats wrong with the Roma? A friend of mine is 86 and he used to hang out there when he was a teenager so if it's lasted this long it can't be that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

trad wrote: »
    Whats wrong with the Roma? A friend of mine is 86 and he used to hang out there when he was a teenager so if it's lasted this long it can't be that bad.

Actually this is a great point - living in Melbourne and its great bla bla bla, but there's no place like the Roma!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 DEE Business

i was out of town, just came back... was wondering was restaurants types are missing in Dundalk and why did all those places go out of business these few last years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I'm still wishing for a sushi place. Can't understand how there isn't one this side of Belfast / Dublin! ( open to correction)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm still wishing for a sushi place. Can't understand how there isn't one this side of Belfast / Dublin! ( open to correction)

Probably because there just wouldn't be sufficient custom to make one viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DEE Business

Its right sushi doesn't exist here... and also right... probably wont survive with small customer base... but what comes next on the needed list. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Its right sushi doesn't exist here... and also right... probably wont survive with small customer base... but what comes next on the needed list. ..

I think the town is well served with "eating houses" and what's needed is by definition what is wanted and if wanted would be here already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Asian Valley on Clanbrassil St do Sushi. You have to ring them and order it and they'll make some up for you. Tuna, Chicken, Vegetable or Salmon. It's €6 for either 6 or 8 pieces. Can't remember exactly. I'm no Sushi expert but it tastes good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

A Mexican !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

cw67irl wrote: »
    A Mexican !!

some mexican take away on the corner of clanbrassil st up from the CBS...Amigos or something i think it is called

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Was gonna say Pakistani but it didnt work out well for Jerry Seinfeld so leave that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

mada999 wrote: »
    some mexican take away on the corner of clanbrassil st up from the CBS...Amigos or something i think it is called

I tried it. Wont make the same mistake again :(

Advertisement