Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Mondeo rant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

E92 wrote: »
    What about the 2.2 engine in the Peuget 4007, 407 and a couple of other PSA cars? Is that based on the Ford designed 2.2 from the previous generation Mondeo, or is it based on the PSA 2.2 that came out years ago back when the 2.0 PSA HDi had 110 or 90 bhp?

I'm fairly sure that the 2.2 is based on the PSA2.2 block. There's probably a better breathing head on it.
    E92 wrote: »

And are the V6 and V8 diesels found in Land Rover, Jaguar, PSA from Ford or PSA?

Their PSA engines (they're in the C6 as well)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

That's a pretty obnoxious comment. My comments relate primarily to design and perceived quality issues, things that the competition (Renault (new Laguna), Passat, Mazda 6) seem to have nailed, so yes, as the competition improves my expectations are higher. There are too many elements about the new Mondeo that would irritate the hell out of me, and that rules it out. Judging by the number you see on the roads I suspect I am not alone.

In my experience , percieved quality (the passat I had) is always outshone by actual quality (the mondeo I had before it). I would bet that my 03' petrol1.8 zetec will be going strong long after the 07' 2.0tdi passat has been consigned to a scrapyard. If you want a used passat , go to a ford dealer.They seem to have quite a few. wonder why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

03 1.8 Zetec.

92k on the clock. Going strong. Would love to buy one of the new models, but my own isn't hurting the pocket, so feck it, I'll probably drive it till it dies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The Mk3 and Mk4 petrol Mondeos have Mazda engines for the most part, so the Mondeo should easily outperform the Passat on reliability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

gatecrash wrote: »
    03 1.8 Zetec.

92k on the clock. Going strong. Would love to buy one of the new models, but my own isn't hurting the pocket, so feck it, I'll probably drive it till it dies[/QUOTE

92k. You're nearing the end of the running in period.

• Advertisement
Advertisement