Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to sligo

Options
  • 23-01-2008 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

I've been offered a job in Sligo with Stiefel in the Finiskillin business park to start in a few weeks. I don't know Sligo so have a few questions:

1. Where would be the best place to find accommodation in the area (local papers etc.)? I'd like to live close enough to the business park for convenience. Is this area alright? Is it a bit dodgy cause it's near a business park? I have a car so can live further away but would prefer to be able to walk to work.

2. Does anybody have any experience with this company? It's a good job with full training so I'm keen to take up the position, but don't know anybody working there.

3. Would like to join a gym that would be convenient to the job and where I'd lay my head. Any suggestions for a good gym?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭magooly

1. daft.ie covers sligo, there are 2 local rags Sligo Weekender, Sligo post that cover flat listings. On the side of town for Finisklin you could rent on 1st/2nd sea road or better still in Strandhill, great spot over the summer with good pubs, the surf and beach on your doorstep. Finisklin is a straight road in in the mornings for 15 mins little traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Theres also the Sligo Champion newspaper.
    Theres an old thread here about gyms:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055088241&referrerid=59211
    Some of the info might be out of date now.
    The IT gym would probably be the nearest to Finisklin.
    I'm not sure if theres a gym in town anymore, there used to be one near McDonaghs shop but I think its gone, someone else might know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

The Gym in the Southern would probably be closer but I don't know how good/bad it is.

Take that sh*t elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

MajorMax wrote: »
    "Moving to sligo"
    <SNIP>

I find reading the posts rather that just the titles gives me more information about what the poster is trying to say.You should try it sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

MajorMax is now a MinorMax :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Did I miss something?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

muffler you are too quick for me.

He put Sligo down on Mufflers watch!
    I pity da fool!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭sonandheir

Thanks for the replies, I've seen a few places around finiskillen in the Sligo Champion and gona check them out next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Gillie wrote: »
    He put Sligo down on Mufflers watch!
    I pity da fool!:D
    :D

You cant say that I dont look out for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Nice houses around Kevinsfort and Farmhill. Rathedmond might be a bit cheaper. There's gyms in the Southern, Sligo Park, Radisson, IT and Clarion. It's a nice area. Wouldn't be much trouble (as in muggings, wheeley bin thefts, noisey drunks).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

il gatto wrote: »
    Nice houses around Kevinsfort and Farmhill. Rathedmond might be a bit cheaper. There's gyms in the Southern, Sligo Park, Radisson, IT and Clarion. It's a nice area. Wouldn't be much trouble (as in muggings, wheeley bin thefts, noisey drunks).

THe Bins or their contents :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

That would depend entirely on the actual contents. Food packaging, vegatable peelings and nappies and I would imagine the whole thing may just be taken for a spin. If you're more likely to throw out laptops, priceless Monéts and the odd Fabérge egg, the contents may from time to time, be stolen.

Advertisement