Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Palmone Tungsten T5

• 23-01-2008 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Just found this in a desk at work! Nobody knows where it has come from or who it belongs to so I think I might claim it.

Is it any good?

There no charger and the battery is dead so I'm not sure if it works. Is it worth getting a charger?

Any help welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

yeah it's a grand device, all docs, downloads and support available for it here:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/tungstent5/

depending how long it's been 'dead' and uncharged the battery may not be in great shape though...

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dub6Kevin

Cheers DW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 oneway

Consider using it as a GPS

You can get a standalone Bluetooth GPS receiver (clove.co.uk, widget.co.uk, ebay) for GBP£35. Some of these include a window mount / PDA holder and 12v charger.

There's lost of software available from lots of places (TomTom 6 is probably the most suitable).

Widget even has the acceptable ViaMichelin 4.4 for GBP£25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 oneway

More thoughts...

You can pick up a USB charger/sync cable on ebay.

But if the battery is deep-drained you'll need a main charger. You can use USB as a trickle-charger or a top-up charger, but my experience is that you'll need a mains charger to get it out of a deep sleep. Watch Out: for some strange reason not all USB chargers will work in a car with a 12v-to-USB cigar lighter socket.

Also for GPS you'll need a 1 or 2 GB SD card, but these are given away in boxes of Frosties these days.

Advertisement