Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Ultimate ??

• 23-01-2008 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭

Did anyone else get any info on this sounds interesting, I wonder would MS be open to installing blu ray instead of HD !!;)

I hate when an announcements like this is made as I'm just about to purchase an elite, I still think I'll go ahead though. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

MS never announced it and it was only rumours that it was going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Even if it does happen (with Bluray or HD) it aint gonna make a difference to me, ill have a ps3 by then (for bluray purely) and I have a HDDVD player (which I may trade towards ps3!)

I'll have an Elite by then as IPTV wont mean f all over here with our ****ty bband providers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

bretttp1 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get any info on this sounds interesting, I wonder would MS be open to installing blu ray instead of HD !!;)

:D

will have neither MS, wont do this as the 360 will cost more than a Ps3 that does the same by a large amont ,Hd dvd dead anyway

also the fan noise is there because of the heat, so unless they start using 45nM instead of the 65nM and that won't happen, no matter do it's still going to sound like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Fieldog wrote: »

IPTV wont mean f all over here with our ****ty bband providers...

BT are the only ones in the wolrd doing any iptv stuff for the 360
    (MS have a standalone player that has more providers and you choose on,
    but theres no plan for extra providers here)

no reason for BT not to do it here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Varik wrote: »
    BT are the only ones in the wolrd doing any iptv stuff for the 360
    (MS have a standalone player that has more providers and you choose on,
    but theres no plan for extra providers here)

no reason for BT not to do it here
    But what would be the point of doing it on a 3mb line - the facilities simply are readily available enough in this country for IPTV to be that much of a goer. Disappointingly.

going to assume you left a not out there. 3Mb will do, Hd h264 is around that ands it retains most of it's quaility any way no one get's this live it's delayed

yeah 100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Varik wrote: »
    going to assume you left a not out there. 3Mb will do, Hd h264 is around that ands it retains most of it's quaility any way no one get's this live it's delayed

yeah 100

Ive Bt Broadband and it be interesting to see what they offer me, they are upgrading the 3mb pack to 8mb so maybe me (im 2mb) will get bumped to 4 (I hope!)...

IPTV wont make any difference to me, ive digital tv so I couldnt be arsed....

If our bband speeds went up in Ireland we could easily avail of this......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Is there any real need for Blu-Ray or HD-DVD on the 360 when you can soon download 400,up from 40, movies in HD over marketplace? I have a 3MB connection on Ive downloaded 5 movies so far, and I found their quality to be excellent, for under E5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Is there any real need for Blu-Ray or HD-DVD on the 360 when you can soon download 400,up from 40, movies in HD over marketplace? I have a 3MB connection on Ive downloaded 5 movies so far, and I found their quality to be excellent, for under E5

What about extras, commentaries and deleted scenes? And a lot of people aren't happy with the sound quality of downloadable movies.

I agree downloading is the way forward but there still is a need (at the moment) for Blu-Ray or HD-DVD on the 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

True. There is no way I would pay for a movie if it doesnt even have a 5.1 soundtrack. There is nothing HD about a movie with stereo sound. Might as well just download the SD format for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

For free?

I must not have that option in my Xbox ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

I have the HD-DVD player and about 15 movies and I can tell you I never looked at the extra and I dont think any of my friends did either. Some of the films have 5.1 , I agree not having it is a pain, but I think it makes more sense now to download for a fiver rather than spend E30 for the HD-DVD.

Just my $0.02

Advertisement