Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bullet for My Valentine - Scream Aim Fire

• 23-01-2008 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Got the Japanese edition online last night, gotta say, the bonus track No Easy Way Out would have perhaps been a huge hit if it had been released as a single. Overall, the album is not a big change, the title track sounds like everything thats on The Poison and its unlikely you will be shocked by the European release of the album.

Hearts Burst Into Fire begins almost like an emotional 80s ballad, and this is another song your prob going to hear a lot of on the radio over the next year or so, something about being on the road and not seeing your family. Its not the most original ballad ever written. Disappear and Take It Out On Me are plainly influenced by Metallica and Say Goodnight sounds like it was stolen from the Ride the Lightning sessions

Forever and Always is, again, something they didnt learn from Guns N Roses. Its a more mix of radio friendly Metallica and earlier Iron Maiden. Its a long song about love and yet its got this great riff to it. Yet the vocals cant help sounding a little too much like Avenged Sevenfold.

Overall I was happy to see Bullet for my Valentine not destroying their sound too much with the album but with that being said its still not the heaviest thing I've ever heard from them. In a few years I think people might cite this album as being one of the great turning points for Metal, but personally I wouldnt agree, its a step in the right direction sure but its not something that we'll all be celebrating 20 years later

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

1408 wrote: »
    In a few years I think people might cite this album as being one of the great turning points for Metal

What people might think this? I can't ever see this happening. By then, all the 14 year olds that BFMV prey on will have outgrown the band and actually might have started listening to proper music. That's the one good thing about bands like this, they're a training bra for kids getting into metal and learning about different bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Den_M wrote: »
    What people might think this? I can't ever see this happening. By then, all the 14 year olds that BFMV prey on will have outgrown the band and actually might have started listening to proper music. That's the one good thing about bands like this, they're a training bra for kids getting into metal and learning about different bands.

I don't really concern myself much with what 14 year olds listen to, or where they turn to from there. There's nothing really to say what a person should or should not listen to, so if they like BFMV fair play.

As for the album being a "Turning point in metal"? Pure hyperbole. Might as well believe people talking about each of these flavour of the month bands being "The Saviours Of Rock" and think that yes, metal will make a unified shift in the direction of BFMV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ChainFireMetal

ive listened to alot of the new album, and while a step in the right direction its still a bit "meh" to me, no "the blackening" thats for sure, and I'm pretty sure that the lead singer can't sing for sh1t live anymore cos of his vocal issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

I wish people would stop saying the new album sounds like the old stuff.

"The Poison" - Metalcore.

"Scream Aim Fire" - Dodgey retro thrash excercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

well in fairness Scream Aim Fire is actually a very good album (i got the japanese version too :p)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

Fad wrote: »
    well in fairness Scream Aim Fire is actually a very good album (i got the japanese version too :p)

Thank you

And, when I said it was a turning point for metal, I went in a wider way. I can imagine hearing this on a radio station during the day, instead of that stupid rap crap, so thats why I think that in a mainstream way this could help bring a lot of attention to metal....and that can only be positive right?

1408 wrote: »
    and that can only be positive right?

definitly
    its the only way foward and im sick of hearing pretentious ****ers saying grrrrr metal died with burton and frankly stupid stuff like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 miawatts

sorry on a competely different band just back from avenged sevenfold concert in dublin AMAZING i was 2 meters away from M Shadows ahhhhhhh:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Chat Mauvais

The new song is CRAP! with a Capital C!...well all capitals actually!Yes,I'm afraid so...and NO I'm not 14y/o...I'm 37 to be precise!...But I've been a Huge fan for some time...."The Poison" was Astounding!!!!,......so I had GR8 expectations....but when I heard 'Scream,Aim,Fire' on MTV.....Jeez........it was Brutal!!......I watched it Once,and turned it off every other time it came on...But in fairness,I'm still gonna buy the album,of course,just seeking redemption........from this Drivel.....or is it all as bad as this song??

I still think its a fairly ok album, and I got it for free, which helps a lot!

• Advertisement

miawatts wrote: »
    sorry on a competely different band just back from avenged sevenfold concert in dublin AMAZING i was 2 meters away from M Shadows ahhhhhhh:D

rawr i HATE a7x!

the bullet album does get better if you give it a few listens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I got the new album and it's actually pretty decent. It didn't wow me on my first listen but maybe I'll have to give it a few listens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Cannot say it did much for me to be honest. It just sounded very middle of the road to me, until I got to the last track on the Japanese version. At that point my ears pricked up as the song sounded familiar as it started. Then the lyrics started. Yes, it was "No Easy Way Out" from Rocky 4, and it was so bad it put a smile on my face.

I can see why some like it though, as it has elements of Maiden, Metallica, Judas Priest and Pantera mixed in, but if I want to listen to a band trying to do that I will just pop on Five Fingered Death Punch, or better yet, crack open the early Maiden/Metallica back cat.

Even though I was mega unimpressed by the first release, I decided to give the Album a try and bought it last week. The Shop Assistant was wearing a Balaclava as he demanded €19 for it....trembling....I agreed, and took it home, not daring to try it out in my car first as I didn't want to end up getting arrested for littering because my C.D player was spitting chunks of it out as I drove!!....

I put it on in the less expensive c.d.player in the kitchen....when all of a sudden a concerned neighbour came to the door asking why I was so cruelly drowning a bag of cats in my home??!!....I tried to explain that it was not, in fact a bag of Dying Cats, but the new B. F. M. V. Cd.......... She retorted that her son had just given her a beautiful shiny Coaster for her teacup, and she'd been wondering what those letters stood for!!!...

So, there is some consolation......a Coaster, a new Frisbee for Rover.......in a word...IT'S RUBBISH!!.......

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Ah that's not fair.........get rover a proper frisbee!

Its funny, the heaviest thing on this album is the European bonus track, Ashes of the Innocent!

Hmmmmmm....Guess you're right...That was damn inconsiderate of me, forcing it on my poor Dog!....if he knew who it was, even he'd turn it down.....still, I could paste it with 'Marmite'.....that might work for him....(Might make it sound better too!)

Or there's always the 'Charidy Shop'...but, hey thats right, they're selling to raise money, and well, with this album, THEY'D have to PAY the customers to take it!

Orrrr since I had to bend over the counter and take it up the tailpipe, havin to pay €19 for this garbage!...I could just take it Back to the Record Store and do to them, what they did to me!!......Yeah......that's it.......now the C.D. really will come in useful, and well, it'll be right at home with the rest of the Crap around it!!...Yay!

I think something which invites this much commentary has to merit something, even if it is because its apparently a terrible album, its still got people talking

Advertisement