Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice place for a weekend break in Ireland//Somewhere for a few nights away?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

I like Westport.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

BumbleB wrote: »
    I like Westport.

+ 1. Been to Knockranny House Hotel a couple of times and have found it good; the tower rooms are divine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Don't know how soon you wanted to go, but if you can hold out until the end of March this place is reopening then (they just close for the winter as its too quiet) and its very luxurious, secluded and romantic! What more could you want....!

http://www.blairscove.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Trashed

Rent a holiday house in Clogherhead near Drogheda....... beach, tiny town the ultimate get away. Drogheda is only 15 mins drive away and taxis are cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

krudler wrote: »
    www.lakehotel.com

Look at it! :

hottub-in-room-separate.jpg

Hot tub in the room, lake view, what more do you want :D

Floods wrecked the place. But I think it's grand now and they are opening again in a few weeks.
    rosiemci wrote: »
    I love the Killarney Plaza, the Molton Brown spa is divine.

Hey! I work there. We are closed until Valentines weekend, I think.

Yeah, come to Killarney. Climb a mountain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭carnsoreboxer

Brookloldge Village in Macreddin, Co Wicklow. Was there for a day recently, loved the place, great pub, open fires, hot toddy, papers what more could you ask for!! They do very good internet deals and if I had known place was so nice would have made arrangements to stay for the night but kids etc called me home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ya i was supposed to go to killarney this week to the lake hotel but closed for anotehr few weeks so we ended up going to whites in wexford. was fab. had massages and spent an hour in the tranquility spa before had the massages. pool there and fab restaurant. would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Had fab weekend in Belfast in November with my bf, it's a great town for a wander around, fab food and we found plenty of cool pubs. If you're driving, a trip out to the Giants causeway is well worth it, that area has some great coastlines for romantic drives! Prices up there are surprisingly good too, we had a really good dinner in the centre of Belfast (3 courses and plenty of booze) for something like 50 quid total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

If anyone decides to go to Westport I'd suggest you avoid the Castlecourt Hotel.... I booked a double room there for myself. A friend decided to come along... I was told that this would be "ok". However when I got there they wanted to charge per person... Most normal hotels could try to accomadate or even sell the room on a room rate basis. Hadn't much option considering that the whole of Westport was booked out that weekend. Avoid if you can at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

BumbleB wrote: »
    I like Westport.
    +1 friend
    we were there a while ago,stayed in the Westport plaza,the restaurant is top's.
    It 's surely the best hotel in the town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 edvedfan

Trashed wrote: »
    Rent a holiday house in Clogherhead near Drogheda....... beach, tiny town the ultimate get away. Drogheda is only 15 mins drive away and taxis are cheap enough.

It can actually be quite rough, loads of kids drinking on beach at night

Kenmare in Kerry is lovely, beautiful town, loads of B and Bs one or two nice hotels, loadsa pubs, lovely restaurants :)

It's a win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

mollybird wrote: »
    we ended up going to whites in wexford. was fab. had massages and spent an hour in the tranquility spa before had the massages. pool there and fab restaurant. would highly recommend it.

I was also going to suggest Wexford Town, and Whites Hotel. It's a lovely hotel, very reasonable, right in the centre of the town. Lovely shops, restaurants, bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭OnTheBalls

I know you said Ireland or the Uk but if you are going to the UK you may aswell go further to the Netherlands. Myself and the girlfriend went recently and did just what you said. it works out at the same price too. Only 1 hr 15 minutes away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 edvedfan

Edinburgh is beautiful too!

You can get good deals on flights every so often with Ryanair if you keep an eye out :)

there's so much choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

i know the castlecourt & plaza are doing deals especially midweek in westport if your on a budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

bills wrote: »
    i know the castlecourt & plaza are doing deals especially midweek in westport if your on a budget.

I paid 400eur, 1 room for 2 nights B&B (2 people). Was at the weekend mind you, but that's not the point.

Daylight robbery considering the week before I got a room in Manchester for 85pounds for 1 night B&B (2 sharing on a Saturday night before the first Man Utd match of the season).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

otwb wrote: »
    + 1. Been to Knockranny House Hotel a couple of times and have found it good; the tower rooms are divine!
    I agree! Have stayed in Knockranny a good few times and it's really lovely. Have a lovely spa and pool too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

Hello

There was an ad on tv last night for a hotel in Kilkenny/Kenmare K something and it was a lovely HOUSE hotel. Doing a really good deal 2 nights for under 300 with dinners.....
    I know I'm a vague as vague can be.
    ANYONE out there know what I am rambling about?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭anotherfinemess

Kenmare

Advertisement