Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

26mm ears.. problem

Options
  • 23-01-2008 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

story lads.. streched up to 26mm a few weeks back with single flared eyelets, i found that the eyelets werent thick enough for my ears and were being pushed out for want of a better expression.. so i got myself some double flared and had them popped in in wildcat abby st.

for the last week they have been grand, but over the last 2 days ive noticed the left ear is sitting a little diffrent to the right, the flare on the back is pressing into my ear and is hurting a tad when i lie on it, i know the best answer is to take them out when sleeping, but as they are double flared i think ill have a wee bit of trouble gettign them back in when i awake from my slumber... i had a bit of a reaction to the rubber o rings so im guessing ill have the same problem with the chaos plugs... yano, the silicone squishy wans.

any ideas people?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Take em out when you sleep, then when you wake up put in a smaller size for an hour or so to "warm them up" then go for the 26mm. Also bio oil them alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Kaos eyelets agree with me to a point, can only wear em for a few days then my ears get agitated.

are you dead set on the double flares? Did you buy the cheapy black plugs they stock? you know the black delrin ones for €5.
    I bought them and find them too thin for my lobes also. My ear tends to push them out and I usually end up losing them on drunken nights out.

If its the cheapy plugs best suggestion is to get a better pair.
    Go with Emmet's suggestion and oil em up in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

they were the single flared eyelets to begin with.. not the cheepy ones, i did find however that the o ring wouldnt stay on the eyelet even when it wasnt in my ear, the wee impression around the back was way 2 close to the edge for the o ring to even stay on. odd me thinks, rand wildcat and they said its usual for the eyelets to be thinner because by rights the lobe itself would be thinning out, to be honest.. mine like cake. they are fat.. because i had a second piercing in my lobe and i streched it, since heald. the ear is a bit outa shape, i think thats mainly why the double flare are sitting oddly in my ear and cutting into the earpit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

What type of o-rings did you have a reaction to? I can't wear the black ones but clear ones are fine. I can wear kaos indefinitely as long as I oil them every day, so you might still be ok to give them a try. Make sure you're buying genuine Kaos too, the ripoff silicone plugs are total crap.

ive cleaned the wound, its stopped hurting and decided to heal.. perhaps this is going to be the start of a beautiful friendship. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

haha, great to hear!

its still all gravy... im guessing my ear just had to adjust to them.. something ive never experianced tho.

Advertisement