Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Statements; with no charges pressed

• 23-01-2008 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,932 ✭✭✭✭

[forum charter acknowledged]

I've had someone submit a police report about me to the gards. They arent pressing charges however: she did it out of spite. Basically she knows Im on a student visa and wants to smear my record when I go to renew my visa (in march..)

I need to know what to do. I know some of the statement details she made are falsified/stretched for drama, and some of my friends/advisors have mentioned Libel...

1) Is this going to affect my standing
    2) Explain my options regarding claiming against libel/slander
    3) Would a counter-statement improve my standing?

Cheers...

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Overheal wrote: »
    [forum charter acknowledged]

...Yet you are seeking legal advice, which is prohibited here. Your options are to seek professional advice from a solicitor, if you are that concerned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement