Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Audi A4 - Launched today

Options
1235»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

psmate wrote: »
    Having gone through the thread above it seems there is quite allot of support for BMW's versus Audi. I am in the market for one or the other, not brand loyal (yet) having gone through the thread and reserched E92's prices pre/post July 1 (great job btw) I think a 320d SE would be a far better buy then the A4's offering.
    I suupose price and value for money would be the big deciding factor and the impression I get is the BMW's seems to get the nod

You are probably right and I thinked I have been swayed the same way, however i'd say two things.

1)the 318d is even better value and imo has the required power for Irish driving.
    2) wait on the facelift, pics are online at the moment and it has a noticeably different front end. more like the 5 series and the coupe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 psmate

copacetic wrote: »
    You are probably right and I thinked I have been swayed the same way, however i'd say two things.

1)the 318d is even better value and imo has the required power for Irish driving.
    2) wait on the facelift, pics are online at the moment and it has a noticeably different front end. more like the 5 series and the coupe.

Agreed the 318d offers the same power as the 2.0 Audi offering and is even more fuel efficient so I will take a series look at that.

Do you have a link to the pictures of the new 3 series facelift, not seen any yet. The front of the new A4 does look a bit better then the 3 series imo.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

psmate wrote: »
    Agreed the 318d offers the same power as the 2.0 Audi offering and is even more fuel efficient so I will take a series look at that.

Do you have a link to the pictures of the new 3 series facelift, not seen any yet. The front of the new A4 does look a bit better then the 3 series imo.

photoshop but apparently bang on and matches all the other spy pics:

w05nb4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

It got beaten by the others on comfort and driving pleasure according to the testers.
    Style ? It just looks like any other audi. As i've said before , with an audi you're buying an image as opposed to a class leading car.
    They are a great example of slick marketing.
    You're right about the st though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Tragedy wrote: »
    Why are you posting that on a thread about the new Audi A4?
    I know, I really shouldn't have posted it here, and I'm sorry cause I know it was rather O/T, though it was to do with what another poster was saying about BMW "adjusting" their prices in the near future.

Going back to the 3 series, in July because oif the lower VRT, the price premium for a 320d over a 318d will be much smaller, and actually in July you can get a 325d for less then than a 320d costs now, so I'd be going for a 325d if it were my cash anyway, or else a petrol 325i(which is surprisingly good on mpg too).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 psmate

E92 wrote: »
    Going back to the 3 series, in July because oif the lower VRT, the price premium for a 320d over a 318d will be much smaller, and actually in July you can get a 325d for less then than a 320d costs now, so I'd be going for a 325d if it were my cash anyway, or else a petrol 325i(which is surprisingly good on mpg too).

I think I would go for the 318d/320d in July in SE and have the leather included, that would push the price up to the same as the 325d SE price without leather, unless of course BMW include leather as standard and keep the price the same I think I will then just go with the 318d.
    Took the Audi A4 1.8 TFSI for a test drive, fine car, but the savings to be had on the BMW's will sway me.

Does anyone know if Audi (or Mercedes) are going to try and rival the BMW petrols? I have seen mention of an Audi "e" class but does that only apply to Audi diesels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

MercMad wrote: »
    Audi's have always been under specced and expensive to option, so nothing has changed ( multi function wheel is optional ?? )

They are an inferior car to a Passat so why bother. Audi like to think they compete with BMW and Merc but they certainly dont in this class.

I wouldn't buy an Audi as they are simply not in the same class as the other Germans, on any level. The A5 cannot comete with the 3 and the CLK is simply nicer, despite its age !

What a load of rubbish. I would buy an Audi before a BMW or Merc any day. Looks much better than any of them. I drove a 2005 A4 the same day as a BMW 320 and in all departments the Audi was better. Much better looking imo and a really great drive. Audi are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

gebbel wrote: »
    What a load of rubbish. I would buy an Audi before a BMW or Merc any day. Looks much better than any of them. I drove a 2005 A4 the same day as a BMW 320 and in all departments the Audi was better. Much better looking imo and a really great drive. Audi are the best.

You're just betraying your ignorance mate...

I'm not a BMW-fanboy by any means (check past posts for proof) but they sure as hell have Audi licked for driving enjoyment. A 05 A4 is even blown out of the water handling-wise by 'lesser' FWD competitors such as the Mondeo or Mazda 6.

Nice interiors though;)...

Advertisement