Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Mondeo - which oil?

Options
  • 23-01-2008 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I'm changing the engine oil in my 2003 2 litre petrol Ford Mondeo this weekend. What engine oil would you recommend? The Haynes manual suggests 5W-30, 5W-40 and 10W-40. Does anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

In my experience in working on Ford Zetec engines, they seem to run best on a good 5w30 semi-synthetic oil, the Haynes manuals recommends different oils depending on the climate the car is used in, us here in Ireland can use almost any of the ones you asked about, but again I would only and do use 5w30, that's what Ford use in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Seamus357

Thanks maninaskirt. I'll try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

5W30 on a 12000ml service interval :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

I would buy the oil in a Ford dealers. The last time I bought it , it was the cheapest place. Pick up the filter while your there as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

groupb wrote: »
    I would buy the oil in a Ford dealers. The last time I bought it , it was the cheapest place. Pick up the filter while your there as well.

+1

I had a couple of Mondeos myself, Great car.
    Always got the genuine Motorcraft parts in the ford dealer and as for the trade price on them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

groupb wrote: »

+2

I try to buy motorcraft parts most of the time as they are as cheap as spurious parts most of the time.

Advertisement