Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Z4...girly? or manly!

Options
  • 23-01-2008 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭

Ive hankered after a boxster s for a while, but i kinda forgot about the z4 (3.0)

id be able to buy a 04 z4 for the price of a 01 boxster s, normally have a better spec and a nicer interior, bombproof engine etc

i have always like the looks, i know not everybody does!

the boxster is the better handling, slightly quicker car, but the appeal of buying say a 3.5 yr old mint z4 versus a multi owner 6/7 yr old not quite mint boxster is strong.

opinions?

2003_BMW_Z4_2_5L.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Id get the Z4 purely because you dont see loads of them. and its newer. And i believe the earlier model boxters arent great quality in comparison to the newer ones as in pre '02

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

no way is it Girly....my favourite BMW at the moment

the z3 was girly

Good choice. I drove a 2.5litre once and it was verrry quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Not girly, but maybe small penis? Still, great car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Thats a girls car or possibly a gay guy's car, there is no way I would think a fella was straight if he was driving that yoke. And don't give me nonsense about superior engine power its looks like a girl's car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Truth be known, they're both girly. So what, though?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

can live with that :D

lux, whats a mans car in your opinion? the z4 isnt quick, in most peoples language its FAST :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Hairdressers car. Albeit a quality hairdresser :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Girl/hairdresser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I like it! And never driven one but says its very FAST!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Lovely car! Nice styling for a BMW, I'd say the performance is second to none.

(Often described as a girl car by people who can't have one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Girly - I'll have an S2000 instead please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

Know someone eager to get rid of a v nice black 2004 Z4 if your interested, pm if you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

id prefer the coupe version in m sport in blue or black. Defo not girly then.

Men should in general not be seen in a cabriolet

BMWz4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Post of the week?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

lightening wrote: »
    Lovely car! Nice styling for a BMW, I'd say the performance is second to none.

Agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Whatever works for you..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Both of them are girly:o

beerbaron wrote: »
    Girly - I'll have an S2000 instead please :)

definately a more muscular car than the s2000 looks like an mx5 on roids

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

All modern small cabrios are a bit girly in the looks department. The Z4, the Boxster and even the S2000 are no exceptions. Who gives a monkey?

Performance wise the Z4 3l and the Boxster S of those years are very similar. Me? I'd take the Porsche. Reasons:

1. It's a Porsche ;)
    2. looks
    3. depreciation, even older ones hold their value well

Budget for Porsche maintenance though!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Z4 doesnt look girly from the back, nor the sides, front is a bit less aggressive looking, but a better choice than the Boxster. But then again the Boxster has a Porsche badge on it!

Bmw%20Z4%20Coupe%201-lg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

people who can't have one

Often implied to be begrudging because their opinion doesn't agree with yours ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

For the price of one of these fag mobiles you could import an evo 10!

Orange69 wrote: »
    For the price of one of these fag mobiles you could import an evo 10!

i could i spose, rather look like a 'fag' than a cream cracker tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Think the Z4 is in the same group as the TT, MX5 and the Boxter - hairdressers cars. Aslo agree with the above quote, men should not be seen in a cabriolet.

If you must the Boxter is probably the best of the lot - but it remains a poor man's 911.

What kind of money are u spending? You can pick up a nice 993 these days for €45,000 - €50,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

That may be the case but I think anyone with vision can see that car belongs in the car park outside Toni & Guy. A real manly man would be too big to fit in it anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Lux23 wrote: »
    That may be the case but I think anyone with vision can see that car belongs in the car park outside Toni & Guy. A real manly man would be too big to fit in it anyway. :)
    LOL:D

As I said, people who can't afford it, can't have it (kids, family, work) will call it a girls car or a hairdressers car.

It's cool, quick, performs well, looks nice... Who cares what the green eyed begrudgers call it!

Lux23 wrote: »

er im 6 1 and 13stone thanks very much :D again i ask what do you think a real man drives

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Think the Z4 is in the same group as the TT, MX5 and the Boxter - hairdressers cars. Aslo agree with the above quote, men should not be seen in a cabriolet.

If you must the Boxter is probably the best of the lot - but it remains a poor man's 911.

What kind of money are u spending? You can pick up a nice 993 these days for €45,000 - €50,000.

if i had that kind of money i would be picking up a nice 993, alas i dont :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

LOL spot on, not girly. Thinking about it, the only girly BMW that comes to mind is the 3 series compact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

unkel wrote: »
    All modern small cabrios are a bit girly in the looks department. The Z4, the Boxster and even the S2000 are no exceptions. Who gives a monkey?

Performance wise the Z4 3l and the Boxster S of those years are very similar. Me? I'd take the Porsche. Reasons:

1. It's a Porsche ;)
    2. looks
    3. depreciation, even older ones hold their value well

Budget for Porsche maintenance though!

I think a girl in an S2000 looks a bit wrong. Same with the gen 6 celica, and the prelude. A Subaru legacy too... most TVR's, Aston Martin DBS, Enzo, and that's about it... a girl is right at home looking in a Z4 though! It's less feminine than a Z3 by miles, but still only trying to approach the 50/50 look!

Advertisement