Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Z4...girly? or manly!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

DonJose wrote: »
    Thinking about it, the only girly BMW that comes to mind is the 3 series compact.
    You're kidding! What about the 3 series coupe/cabrio, the X3 and the X5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Z3 was an exercise in girlyness, but the Z4 is completely different. Dunno if I'd call it manly tho. It's about as manly as a Hyundai Accent maybe, but not as manly as a Toyota Avensis.

JHMEG wrote: »
    It's about as manly as a Hyundai Accent maybe, but not as manly as a Toyota Avensis.
    Spot on.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I drive a Z4 3litre and its an animal to drive and looks great. I can not fault it one bit and gets real attention on the road. I am selling my one and upgrading to a Z4M.

The one thing I dont understand is people saying a man should not be in a convertable, such a load of rubbish. I would not drive anything but one.

As for an S2000 dont go near them, cheap interior and not a great ride, good for the track rubbish on the road. The boxter is a lovely car again with a crap interior but is nice to drive.

Again this is just my opinion but the Z4 is a cracking car. Deffo buy the automatic version, its a real beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Cyrus wrote: »
    rather look like a 'fag' than a cream cracker tho :D

Retort of the month :D

• Advertisement

Actually the S2000 is probably the best investment as they're rare here already and no more will be coming in from 1st July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

unkel wrote: »
    Retort of the month :D

Not quite.... seeing as i don't even know what a cream cracker is..

Apart from the obvious..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

TCP/IP wrote: »

As for an S2000 dont go near them, cheap interior and not a great ride, good for the track rubbish on the road. The boxter is a lovely car again with a crap interior but is nice to drive.

Again this is just my opinion but the Z4 is a cracking car. Deffo buy the automatic version, its a real beauty.

That's a load of muck really. The S2000 is an excellent car. Rubbish on the road? What's wrong? Afriad of some stiff suspension for some real driving?!?
    The 3 litre Z4 is quick alright, but isn't an animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Orange69 wrote: »
    Not quite.... seeing as i don't even know what a cream cracker is..

Apart from the obvious..

I meant the obvious :D

id imagine the s2000 and 3.0 z4 are similar perf wise, different drives tho

just not a jap (350z/gtr aside) fan myself

I meant the obvious :D

:confused: Perhaps you need to be a hair dresser to get it then... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Biro wrote: »
    That's a load of muck really. The S2000 is an excellent car. Rubbish on the road? What's wrong? Afriad of some stiff suspension for some real driving?!?
    The 3 litre Z4 is quick alright, but isn't an animal.

Having driven both the S2000 and the Z4, there is nothing about the S2000 that I feel is better, but as I said that is my opinion nothing more. Some people like Jap cars some people dont, nothing wrong with either. Anything that can hit 60 below six seconds is an animal in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Such a girl's car it should have pigtails........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

if we're throwing in alternatives, then you should consider one of these

(FLAME SUIT ON)

Or maybe one of these?

M%20022%20internet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

For the price of one of these fag mobiles you could import an evo 10!

Judging by one of your previous quotes I don't think you're in much of a position to advise anyone on a choice of car.

According to you a corrolla handles better than a BMW (widely known as being one of the best handling cars on the road)?

Says alot my friend.

f22 wrote: »
    Judging by one of your previous quotes I don't think you're in much of a position to advise anyone on a choice of car.

According to you a corrolla handles better than a BMW (widely known as being one of the best handling cars on the road)?

Says alot my friend.

Awww are you still a bit bitter about being pwned in that other thread..

Take a drive in your hyundai accent and you'll feel better matey.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

:confused: Perhaps you need to be a hair dresser to get it then... ;)

Rhyming slang for Knacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

Awww are you still a bit bitter about being pwned in that other thread..

Take a drive in your hyundai accent and you'll feel better matey.. ;)

Fact of the matter is, I drive a pretty expensive BMW if you must know, not that I need to justify myself to some fool with a learning disorder that cant even string a proper sentence together or spell properly.

Now get back in that 'superb handling' corrolla of yours (probably with a bucket exhaust) and trundle on. Nearly time for your paper round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Fact of the matter is, I drive a pretty expensive BMW if you must know

Sometimes I cringe so much my ears meet at the back of my head.

Fact of the matter is, I drive a pretty expensive BMW if you must know, not that I need to justify myself to some fool with a learning disorder that cant even string a proper sentence together or spell properly.

Now get back in that 'superb handling' corrolla of yours (probably with a bucket exhaust) and trundle on. Nearly time for your paper round.
    I wish I had a BMW too. Was yours very expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

er im 6 1 and 13stone thanks very much :D again i ask what do you think a real man drives

Well definitely not a BMW. I hate all BMWs, really unimaginative imo. A triumph Stag circa 1973 is my favourite car, although they were sort of **** cars but looked really sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

@ O.P; I'd say go for it. I didn't realise there was that much of a price difference between the Boxster and Z4 secondhand. Boxster is one of my favourite cars that I've driven and hopefully will own one in the future but with that much of a price discrepancy between the years the Z4 starts to look like great value.
    It is definitely not a "girly" car for the simple reason that it is too ugly! Don't get me wrong, I like the Z4 with the right wheel/colour/hood combo but it could not be described as pretty. I think it's the cool kind of ugly though. Like the way a stealth bomber or bug-eyed Impreza WRX can pull it off.
    And how can anyone call a front engined, rwd, 6 cylinder roadster girly?
    Hey, if you drive one let us know your opinions please!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Isn't a Boxster just a poor mans 911 anyway?

Go for the Z4, but test drive the Brera first

I don't think the Z4 is ugly, but you can't say the same for the Z8....barf..!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

brera not in budget :)

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Isn't a Boxster just a poor mans 911 anyway?
    No offence, but what kind of a simpleton would make that a factor in their choice of car?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

When i was buying my Boxster i drove both of these

Nothing like the howl of a flat 6 behind you
    Huge fun, superb balance and handling. Most would agree that the car does handle better than the 911 being Mid Engined

the Z4 is the pretender to the throne

This claim that Boxster owners cannot afford a 911 is nonsense. There are plenty of secondhand 911's which are cheaper than my Boxster . I could have gotten a secondhand Carrera for the same price I paid for my 986. Not to mention 993's, 964's, and 930's which are well and truly affordable. Why doesn't a 318i driver have to justify himself in the same way? "You only buy a 318i because you can't afford an M3" is an equally nonsensical statement.

If you put many options on a 987S, you are pretty closed to the base price of a 997. I for one wanted a Boxster not a 911. Not to say that I don�t love the 911, because I do, and I will own one�.there is a good chance that it will be my next fun car. The thing is (at least for me) that you can always get away with having a 911, it is on many levels practical, if you have young children you can transport them in the 911 that is not what I wanted this time. There are not very many times in your life when you can get away with having a two seat roadster that is nothing but fun, you either do it before you have too much responsibility (and can really enjoy it) or when you are over 50 and the kids are out of the house blah blah blah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

z3 is girly car. Personally i prefer the z4 non cabrio , coupe version. I think it looks much better. It would also likely perform better, since usually cabrios are heavier , not as quick and modifications to the body for the sake of the open top can mean they do not handle as nice. At least this is how top gear puts it.
    That said, whoever mentioned the brera is a genius. That car is quite possibly one of the sexiest ever manufactured on the road. There are few cars out there in the couple of hundred thousand euro bracket that can match its looks IMHO. Of course though it would not be as well built as the BM. You can pick up with for round same moolah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Well I've made myself unpopular on these boards before by referring to the MINI and Hyundai Coupe as 'girly' (which they ARE!:))

But the Z4? Nah! If it was they'd be all over the place... The looks are quite macho and unconventional and it's got proper engines.

Advertisement