Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Z4...girly? or manly!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

lightening wrote: »
    Sometimes I cringe so much my ears meet at the back of my head.

Probably don't need to move too far back anyway, inbred!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

f22 wrote: »
    Probably don't need to move too far back anyway, inbred!
    Aren't you embarrassed enough yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭blackbox

Girly or Manly?

Is this your criterium for chosing a car?

Seriously - are you on the right forum? - try "Fashion & Appearance"

Anan1 wrote: »
    Aren't you embarrassed enough yet?

If you read the quote in context, it was a reply to one of a few personal remarks by Orange69. Embarrassed? Not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Embarrassed? Not at all.

Why would you be? After all, you drive a pretty expensive BMW!

Roysh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

No offence, but what kind of a simpleton would make that a factor in their choice of car?:)

The same kind who worries if their car is girly or manly!! :rolleyes:

Dead right Prospect!

My dirty secret... I like driving my wifes Clio! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

pburns wrote: »
    Well I've made myself unpopular on these boards before by referring to the MINI and Hyundai Coupe as 'girly' (which they ARE!:))

But the Z4? Nah! If it was they'd be all over the place... The looks are quite macho and unconventional and it's got proper engines.

Hi P,

You have'nt made yourself unpopular on these boards by expressing your opinion. Its just a pity your wrong.

Hyundai Coupe's, Mx-5's, Mini's or Z4's are not just for girls.

Orange69 wrote: »
    Awww are you still a bit bitter about being pwned in that other thread..

Take a drive in your hyundai accent and you'll feel better matey.. ;)

You are saying "pwned" and you want to be taken seriously?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

If you read the quote in context, it was a reply to one of a few personal remarks by Orange69. Embarrassed? Not at all.

Alls i said was that you drive a hyundai accent... but now that i know you drive a very expensive bmw i will show you the respect you deserve..
    ronoc wrote: »
    You are saying "pwned" and you want to be taken seriously?:rolleyes:

Yes.. Very much so.. The internet are serious business! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Orange69 wrote: »
    Alls i said was that you drive a hyundai accent... but now that i know you drive a very expensive bmw i will show you the respect you deserve.. QUOTE]

Well first of all you suggested that an Evo would blow my "Micra" off the road.

Now that you have upgraded me to a Hyundai Accent (not that I am disrespecting either car), would you like to share with us where you get your great knowledge of cars from, and what you drive yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Jeez you guys sure get personal :rolleyes:

@OP, buddy the fact you are asking that question means you knew in the first place a % of people see it as a girlie car.
    The question you need answered is: If you like the car - why do you care? Unless you resolve that, you'll always be defending the car to yourself and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Z4--- girly
    Z4M--- girly racer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

jesus lads im only asking opinions didnt mean to start a war or some in depth analysis into my psyche :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Cyrus wrote: »
    jesus lads im only asking opinions didnt mean to start a war or some in depth analysis into my psyche :D

Ah ya, sure that's forums for ya! Opinions everywhere, and sure where's the harm in it?
    Anyway, to sum up, neither are a bad car! Buy one and enjoy!

Cyrus wrote: »

Lol... do you know how I know your gay?

cos i said psyche :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

If a Z4 is girly looking then a VW Beetle or any of those Cabrios with a folding metal roof must be very masculine looking!

The Z4 looks like a man's car IMO.

Whatever your opinion, there's no denying that it is hideous to look at. It doesn't look like a proper BMW at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

It doesn't look like a proper BMW at all

Just curious. What is a proper BMW supposed to look like?

BMW is around a long time, I'm sure their look has changed over the years. At least they try and push the boat out with some of their designs which is more than can be said for other car companies.

Just look at these vintage BMWs below.

oldtimers.jpg

EMW1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Men like technology, speed, sexiness and function. Women like style and grace and fashion and things that make them go "ahhh!".

Therfore any car that puts style and grace, fashion or teh "ahhh" factor above speed, technology, sexiness and function is a girly car.

Cabrio's all sacrifice performance (a rigid body gives better aerodynamics and torsional rigidity) for "style" ("look, the temps above freezing and the rain has come down to a light drizzle, I can drop my top so everyone can see how eurochic I am!!"). therfore ALL cabrios are girly!

There, all you needed was some masculine logic :p

• Advertisement

you are missing on the distinction between a coupe with its roof chopped off (cabrio) bmw e46 vert and a built from the ground up roadster boxster, mx5, z4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Didn't miss the distinction I was ignoring it! Something about the word "Cabriolet" just conjours up images of pink handbags...

I really struggle to see the point of a drop top when you live in Ireland and get so little sunshine. Mind you the worlds biggest buyers of convertables (by head of population) is the UK, so go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

If you like it, just buy it. This 'girly' car nonsense has been done to death on here and never goes anywhere. Drive it and the Boxster, see what you think and buy whatever you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

E92 wrote: »
    Whatever your opinion, there's no denying that it is hideous to look at. It doesn't look like a proper BMW at all!

LOL, The Z4 is the only half decent looking BMW in current production...

6, 5 & 3 series are all pug ugly yokes.
    The X5 is a minor improvement on bland
    And I would not disrecpect you by calling the 1Series or the X3 a BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

No offence, but what kind of a simpleton would make that a factor in their choice of car?:)

none taken, but that's what I think when I see a bloke in a pink Ralph Lauren shirt driving one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Well first of all you suggested that an Evo would blow my "Micra" off the road.

So you do drive a micra :eek: :eek:

Is it the new cabriolet version??

This thread is retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Z4 a bit girly in my opinion, although the coupe looks very nice.
    Myself I would prefer to drive a 1 series coupe (The new one) rather than the Z4.

ronoc wrote: »
    This thread is retarded.

The only thing retarded on this thread is the childish retorts from Orange69. School finished for the day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MCMLXXXIII

I have made it clear in other threads that I like large cars. I like the way they feel, the way they look, and the way it feels when you smoothly coast around the M-50 going 5mph faster than everyone else as they look to see who is inside the clean car that is ever-so-gently passing them.

A Z-4 makes me feel like a primary schoolgirl bustling her way through the morning crowd in order to make it to class on time.

I also like big engines, but speed is pointless unless you are on an empty road at night in the middle of nowhere with no speed cameras around. I would rather use the power for acceleration than for top speed.

Both engines are great, and both cars are girly, but the Boxter has much more of a presence on the road.

I would prefer the Porsche. There’s a reason an older Boxter cost the same as the newer Z-4

Advertisement