Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Z4...girly? or manly!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

prospect wrote: »
    LOL, The Z4 is the only half decent looking BMW in current production...

6, 5 & 3 series are all pug ugly yokes.
    The X5 is a minor improvement on bland
    And I would not disrecpect you by calling the 1Series or the X3 a BMW.

Funnily enough I agree with most of what you're saying, though I stand by my opinion of the Z4's appearance. It, like the X3, 6, 5 and 1 series(not forgetting the fugly 7 series) has the misfortune to be infected with Flame Surfacing by Chris Bangle.

Though the 3 series and X5 look like proper BMWs(apart from the 3's arse in the E90 and E91 versions), but that's because Bangle was moved by BMW and doesn't have it all his own way thanks be to Christ.

A proper looking BMW is an E39(the previous generation 5 series). Though the best looking BMW is without a doubt the E30, and the E28 has a properly BMW shark nose. BMW always seem to make a right pig's ear of the arse of their cars, the arse of them never looks right, that goes for virtually every BMW past and present.

The 1 series and the X3 have not gotten on well with the press(though they all love the E82 123d and 135i), I won't deny that. I'm not keen on either, but I'd need a go in both to confirm my suspicions.

Advertisement