Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista

Options
  • 23-01-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

We all know Vista should be supported by now, considering its been a year.. Anyway, i got a new dell with vista home premium. I had a look around the archives but couldnt find a clear answer. As I am in a business degree, I often am required to connect in Quinn via ethernet - what are my options? Is there really still no way around it other than dual-booting?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Ive had a Vaio with Vista on it since last april.. works fine on all the college networks and in Quinn via wireless and ethernet. Just plug it in and go. And of course make sure you are registered with IT services. The guy who did mine had no problem with me using Vista in college.

The only probelm ive encountered so far is wireless printing with novell iPrint, its not compatible with Vista yet. Maybe when the first service pack comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

thats great news, thanks a lot!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

What are you accessing via ethernet? (Novell File Storage and Printing I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

When you are doing MCQs online in Quinn, they usually require you to use ethernet. Not sure why, but I think its partly because the rooms in Quinn are designed to keep out wireless signals, and thus any wireless signal you pick up tends to be weak and unreliable. Im not particularly bothered about printing or storage

Advertisement