Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasses in Rdf/Pdf

• 23-01-2008 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hey guys,

planning on joining reserve med corps in dublin soon as my exams are over in a weeks time and had thought bout being a professional (hopefully doctor eventually) in pdf

problem is i wear glasses (shortsighted - middle of the road strength prescription)

and quoting several sights eyesight has to be:
    Unaided vision of not less than 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in the other

i certainly dont have 6/6 in either eye, just wondering if this rules me out of reserves/pdf

basically - can i wear glasses/contacts?

have seen members of american army and british wearing them - the americans even in afghanistan while on foot patrol which i thought odd

any thoughts/info? cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Vision must be not less than 6/18 in each eye, corrected to not less than 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in the other.

You should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭figs86

Cheers,

i thought both would be fine just seein what scenario is.

PS love the font size - much appreciated! LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Theres no problem with wearing glasses. Plenty of officers even have glasses.
    I just bearly scraped through with my eyesight. I am shortsighted. There is a standard you must be able to meet without glasses, and a higher standard with glasses/contacts.

Advertisement