Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen C4 7 Seater

Options
  • 23-01-2008 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Has anyone driven or own the 7 seater C4 picasso. If anyone could answer these I'd greatly appreciate it.

Did you manage to get the dealer to drop their listed price considering Citroen Ire discontinued their cashback offers in Jan06.
    How does it drive,
    Have you had any problems with it,
    Does it have a fairly child resistant interior
    and specifically is the EGS gear change hard to get used to?

I know french cars dont have a good reputation and the car may not be on the market long enough for problems to manifest but would appreciate any genuine comments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

ioshmearse wrote: »
    Has anyone driven or own the 7 seater C4 picasso. If anyone could answer these I'd greatly appreciate it.

I've the 5 seater version so I'll answer your questions as best I can.
    ioshmearse wrote:
    Did you manage to get the dealer to drop their listed price considering Citroen Ire discontinued their cashback offers in Jan06.

I don't know. Mine's a company car so I'm not aware of the purchase details.
    ioshmearse wrote:
    How does it drive

It drives excellent. Plenty of driving gadgets like speed limiter, cruise control, auto lights, auto handbrake and a host of other features. The ride is nice and smooth. Mine has 17" alloys with 55 profile tyres and the ride is better than my previous Zafira which had 16" alloys.
    ioshmearse wrote:
    Have you had any problems with it

Not one, but I've only had it for 5/6 weeks.
    ioshmearse wrote:
    Does it have a fairly child resistant interior

Yes. The rear of the driver & passenger seats are plastic so are easy to clean. The 'aircraft style tables' are great - kids seem to love them. All the rear seats are independently adjustable for reach and have a limited recliner feature. But like any other car they are cloth which is not really childproof. But the built in sunblind for the rear side windows is handy.
    ioshmearse wrote:
    and specifically is the EGS gear change hard to get used to?

I can't answer that. Mine is a 1.8i Privilege manual.

Overall, I'd have to recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

FYI - If you're thinking of buying there's a voucher for €1000 fuel.

www.citroen.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ioshmearse

Thanks for your earlier post. Unfortunately I probably wont be able to buy until March/april and taking out a loan now would negate the great deal on fuel. Then its probably worth gambling until July and buy the diesel version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Also consider taking a look at the Ford Galaxy. I managed to get a 10% cash discount on a Galaxy Ghia, I paid €45k for a Galaxy listed at €50k. I've owned the car 2 weeks, driven 1200km and I am delighted with it, I wouldn't swap it for any other 7 seater.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

ioshmearse wrote: »
    I know french cars dont have a good reputation and the car may not be on the market long enough for problems to manifest but would appreciate any genuine comments.

And the fact the competition authority has taken a keen interest in a number of dealers, might also be another aspect to take into consideration. I am sure if you Google 'competition authority citroen' it will throw up few items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

DonJose wrote: »
    Also consider taking a look at the Ford Galaxy. I managed to get a 10% cash discount on a Galaxy Ghia, I paid €45k for a Galaxy listed at €50k. I've owned the car 2 weeks, driven 1200km and I am delighted with it, I wouldn't swap it for any other 7 seater.

The Galaxy is a whole segment up in size and price tho. The Citroen C8 is comparible to the Galaxy. (just so we're comparing like with like, like :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ioshmearse

Stekelly wrote: »
    The Galaxy is a whole segment up in size and price tho. The Citroen C8 is comparible to the Galaxy. (just so we're comparing like with like, like :))

Yep, Galaxy is not in the same bracket. I was waiting in a Ford dealer while hiring a van and looked at the SMax, a sales rep gave me what I thought was a very good trade in deal but I was never too interested in the Smax - no spare tyre (same with Galaxy I think). Supposedly a much better car to drive though.

Main attractions for C4 Picasso are fold flat third row, 1.6 & 2 l D and July changes to tax and maybe VRT changes passed on somewhat,

As regards price fixing I've only heard of one dealer being named, wasnt there also a similar case with some Ford dealers in Munster? I'm sure there aren't isolated cases. Maybe Citroen trying some damage limitation bye offering €1000 fuel for Feb or trying to keep sales figueres up after Jan and before July changes?

Advertisement