Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioplast jewellery?

Options
  • 23-01-2008 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I've heard that jewellery made from materials such as bioplast, ptfe or tygon reduces the risk of rejection for piercings that are prone to rejection, I was just wondering if anyone here has personally used these materials/ knows anyone who has and would be able to share their experience of them? Do they actually prevent rejection?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

not that i know of.
    If a piercing is done poorly its gonna reject either way.
    bio plast is just bendy and moves with the body with a lot less stress, tygon etc
    usually used for surface piercings and sub-clavicles.
    ive got my nape (back of my neck) pierced, with a titanium barbell. never had a problem with it. it was pierced correctly and as a result ive had no problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

What Wilbert said,
    Saying that, I used a PTFE bar on my stomach surface piercing and that came out after 2 months...you cant win em all!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I was talking to Steve in Snakebite about the different materials too, he said he'd recommend using the titanium for the initial piercing, and when it's healed, if wanted, you could swap it out for a PTFE/tygon one, for the greater comfort level, particularly with surface piercings in akward areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I've used tygon and ptfe extensively in the past. Experimented with ptfe for the initial jewelery in scaffolds and it worked but not as good as I expected. We also used tygon in large gauge nipple piercings worked but didn't look the nicest. Also used tygon in okeepa (sp?) piercings to good effect but only done three of these in the past so needs more experimenting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I've been using tygon in my nape after the initial titanium bar. It's bent into the shape of a surface bar. It's quite comfy, I'd like to get my hands on a nice internally threaded anatometal surface bar with discs, but I'm between piercers right now :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement