Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life imitating art so to speak

Options
  • 23-01-2008 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭

James cawley, exec producer on Star trek new voyages has been cast in jj abrams Star Trek movie, he had a chance meeting with abrams while cawley himself was at paramount for a meeting about new voyages, hes just spent 2 days on set at abrams invitation, hes seen the actors at work the sets, he says the bridge is spectacular and the actors have really nailed the characters, he himself is to report to the set tomorrow at 7.30am for his role whatever that maybe and has already been fitted for his uniform

Way to go James, interview up here

http://trekmovie.com/2008/01/23/james-cawley-to-appear-in-new-star-trek-movie/#more-1479

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Wow, that's pretty cool.

Cawley seems maybe a little too eager but I think that about his performance in New Voyages too, so maybe it's just his natural demeanor.

Certainly a very strong and most welcome endorsement of the new film. And the uniforms are "perfect"? Coming from Cawley, should we take that to mean faithful reproductions? I hope so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Looking at the replies to this around the Trek Web, i can not believe the amount of influence that Cawley has.
    His "approval" of the basic premise of Abrams ideas has swung countless people into accepting this movie.

The cynic in me now wonders if Universal did not "arrange" for Abrams to happen on Cawley. A bit convenient that they schedule a meeting for Cawley and allow him to meet JJ on the off chance.

Advertisement