Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D-Boys CASv metal upgrade

Options
  • 23-01-2008 7:40pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im upgrading the body of my D-Boys CASv to metal. Bought the body and all was going well till I realised that the front of the upper reciver is differant from the metal one. The barrel/hopup retaining husing is compleatly differant and my delta ring isnt threadded to screw on to the metal reciver.

Anyone any idea what parts I need to get to resolve this?

(pics to follow)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

what make is the body? can you link it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

There no reason that should not work the only body/delta ring computability issues I've come across are with g&p as they use there own delta ring design and ics as they have there slit gear box design which means the gearbox does not fit into some body's.

With the hop up unit will it not site in place ( too loss ) or will the gearbox size simple not allow you to get it into place?

The ABS upper reciver is compleatly differant to the metal one. The piece that houses the hopup and the barrel (inner and outer) dosnt exist on the metal one. The delta ring I have isnt threaded and the metal body is threaded.

There's lieteraly noting there to ttache the outer barrel to or to keep the hopup steady.

Should be pretty clear from these pics. All I can think is that there is a differnat delta assembly or something. The ABS is cracked on the plastic body at one of the hinges so I def want to get rid of it.

img6871gl1.th.jpgimg6872jz2.th.jpgimg6875pl8.th.jpg

img6876af3.th.jpgimg6877ux9.th.jpgimg6878iy1.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

rew,

are you looking for a screw delta assembly? i think i have an old dboys one at home if you want to check it out. i will send a piccy tonight. i will be in hrta on saturday, if you are there..

just so i understand this

you want the abs body on the aeg to be metal so you bought a new body
    you want to use the original front to attach to the metal body

sorry for the text, i just want to make sure i got it right before i answer.

the reason i ask is there is 2 (more if you include g&p) ways of attaching front to receivers on m4's. a lot of it is down to the body make, and by that i mean abs or metal. the screw type doesnt appear a lot with abs because you would strip the threads so they tend to use a locking mechanism and retaining screws. this sometimes means the hopup unit is different as well...thats from memory so if anyone knows better, feel free to correct me...

• Advertisement

Yeah you pretty much nailed it there. Id love to see pics of the delta you have to see if its what i need. At the moment I can assemble the whole thing except the hop-up, inner barrel and outer barrel.

i think you need a new hopup, i seem to recall people dremmelled the incorrect ones to fit...but i will post a pic of the d ring when i get home.

Hmmm, hopup fits in the body but there is nothing for it to sit against ATM. In the ABS body the inner barrel sldes though a hole in the front and the hop-up slides in to a couple of grooves and is held in place tight. The metal body has nothing to hold the external barrel, internal barrel or the hop-up. Looks to me like there should be a threaded delta and some sort of housing that sits in to that.

looks like your going to need a new outer barrel and delta ring

88714170001wm3.jpg

Hmmm thats quite possible and incredibly annoying.

• Advertisement

well i have exactly that d ring at home ...the outer barrel..sorry dude..cant help you there...i have nada on that...i did change an outer barrel but it was a huge silencer screwed to the base...not much use

Whats supports your hopup and holds the barrel in place?

i would say he has somthing like this http://www.rsov.com/product_info.php?cPath=105_158_160&products_id=521 ?? where as you need something like this http://www.rsov.com/product_info.php?products_id=1117

I need to see another rifle to figure this out...

88714260001ic7.jpg

Now that maks sense :D

So new delta ring and barrel it is!!

Thanks a mil

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

jeez, this just put me off getting a metal body now.,lol

Well iv ordered more parts now but in hind sight id never have started....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

cant wait to see this finished ,then i can start mine but im just doing a A1 TO CASV fore end conversion

Metal body makes a big difference to the stability of the CASv fore end. Its much more solid when attached to the metal rail. I think im going to have to find better screws or more likly bolts to attach the CASv to the top rail though, the fit isnt brilliant and the screws are threading a bit.

• Advertisement

Well this little project is now complete. New barrel and delta ring arived today and it all went together properly. I also changed the stock to a crane one and the front iron sight to a flip up one. Pics to follow!

what did it cost ya in total rew? i was thinking of getting a metal body myself but was a bit put off with the problems you had what with meeding the new barell and everything.,

vtec wrote: »
    what did it cost ya in total rew? i was thinking of getting a metal body myself but was a bit put off with the problems you had what with meeding the new barell and everything.,

I havn't added it up but it would have been cheaper to buy the like sof a D-Boys CQB metal and salvage parts off it instead of buying new parts. Shipping is a real killer.

lol., had a feeling it would be expencive.,shame ya need a new barell and everything huh., i wonder if theres a bady available that can take te original Dboys front end.,

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Rew wrote: »
    Well this little project is now complete. New barrel and delta ring arived today and it all went together properly. I also changed the stock to a crane one and the front iron sight to a flip up one. Pics to follow!

Ah. That explains it... Can't wait to compare it to the CQB.

cant wait to see the pic's and more details

img7107nj1.th.jpgimg7109qg5.th.jpgimg7110da9.th.jpg

Have some more but imageshack wount play ball soll ill upload em later

thanks rew ,it looks pretty well, im going to do a dboys metal m4a1-casv conversion in the next couple of weeks ,might end up bugging you over yours

shame you had to get so much for it though huh, would be great if there was a direct fit one.,

• Advertisement

i think it looks excellent...way impressed

Advertisement