Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D-Boys CASv metal upgrade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

looks very good, nice to see it finished after all the problems you had with it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Heres a few more.

img7111zr9.th.jpgimg7112qu6.th.jpgimg7113yl6.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

finally got it finished
    i thinking of doing the same thing with mine

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭doubletap

Hi Rew
    i have just bought a metal body kit, and am going to have to buy a barrel and delta ring, my question is is are there any step by step guides on how to disassemble the casv, the manual is a load of rubbish and i just can't seem to find what i'm looking for, any help would be appreciated.

Yeah I used links that people posted here, do a search for casv and you will find them.

• Advertisement

ok thanks found something.
    apart from the barrel and delta ring i'll have to get is there anything else i will need.
    i'm asking as i havn't received the metal body kit yet.

No thats it, you will need to take the front sight off the old barrel. I didnt do that as I replaced it all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

hi

where did you get the delta ring and barrel from?

thanks

John

Rsov

thanks

i am re-wiring my dboys from a front to rear battery in a cqb stock the main problem before i start looks to be the fuse/fuse case part of the cables, is there any "ultraslim" cables that would be suitable? or is it easy enough to do using the stock cables

thanks

John

• Advertisement

johnboyire wrote: »
    thanks

i am re-wiring my dboys from a front to rear battery in a cqb stock the main problem before i start looks to be the fuse/fuse case part of the cables, is there any "ultraslim" cables that would be suitable? or is it easy enough to do using the stock cables

thanks

John

Fuse was a problem for me I moved it further down the cables but im thinking of getting rid of it as it just gets in the way.

Rew wrote: »
    Fuse was a problem for me I moved it further down the cables but im thinking of getting rid of it as it just gets in the way.

what if your battery gets fried? isnt taking away the fuse a no-no

johnboyire wrote: »
    what if your battery gets fried? isnt taking away the fuse a no-no

Dont know to be honest :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

There's no fuse in my standard M4 CQB with a crane stock...

thanks guys hopfully it will not go into melt down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Horse84

Hi all pretty new to airsoft myself and especially to aegs and not sure am i posting in the correct thread but was just wondering if i could get some advice on my d boys m4. It's an s system and i've heard that some of the metal upgrades available aren't compatible with this model.

I'm just looking on this body kit on rsov http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=2035 for it but i said i'd get some advice off the professionals before ordering:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you'll need the outter barrel to suit the metal body, they have a different fitment.,

thanks vtec any chance of anyone recommending an appropriate outer barrel? I'm assuming any standard d boys m4a1 barrel would do??

yep once its for a metal bodied M4 then it'll fit no probs., :)

thanks again man i'll prob make a mess of the installation of it but u gotta start somewhere i suppose. That's the worst thing about the s system i think good beginners gun otherwise. Wish me luck:)

• Advertisement

Right i've finally got some free time coming up so am setting out to do this upgrade to my s system so vtec, or anyone, if u could tell me if the following items are suitable and am i missing anything thanks:-

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=896

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1212

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=1275

Horse84 wrote: »
    Right i've finally got some free time coming up so am setting out to do this upgrade to my s system so vtec, or anyone, if u could tell me if the following items are suitable and am i missing anything thanks:-

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=896

yep, their all the parts ya need for the upgrade., :)

I just recently upgraded a dboys casv, you will also need a delta ring as well

i dont think thats necessary for the s-system, im pretty sure the threading on the original delta ring is the same.,

I don't know for sure but i thought that all the dboys m4's that had plastic recievers the delta ring has no threads but was held in place with a ring and screw arrangement.

vtec wrote: »
    i dont think thats necessary for the s-system, im pretty sure the threading on the original delta ring is the same.,

The plastic D-Boys dont have a threaded D-Ring at all so hewill need one.

keep an eye on how much you are spending, you can get a metal dboys aeg for €65 plus shipping http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1579

you will definitley need the delta ring, outer barrel, metal body, and if you dont like the s-sytem front sight - a new sight too, your converting to a casv front end? from the s-system? then all the wiring will be fine,

overall it should be easy enough to switch them around, theres other bits you might consider if you want to change more stuff like a new flash hider, handle, a scope of some kind, tigger guard etc d-boys have loads of parts to choose from

Thanks for all your input guys i had intended to put the delta ring in my post but put the outer barrel in twice. I think i'll keep the s system front end even though the bottom is abs, the thing is heavy now it'll weigh a tonne by the time i'm finished, just as well i'm not skirmishing.

By the way i emailed that guy paul at ebaybanned asking him does their free shipping policy extend to the republic and he said yea, i'm doubtful though....

Horse84 wrote: »
    Thanks for all your input guys i had intended to put the delta ring in my post but put the outer barrel in twice. I think i'll keep the s system front end even though the bottom is abs, the thing is heavy now it'll weigh a tonne by the time i'm finished, just as well i'm not skirmishing.

By the way i emailed that guy paul at ebaybanned asking him does their free shipping policy extend to the republic and he said yea, i'm doubtful though....

yes its free shipping the only downside is that they take ages to ship and often dont ship everything together so you will need to chase them regularly

personally i prefer the s-system, its lighter than the casv and it holds the batteries more securely

• Advertisement

That's what iwas thinking about the s system alright, i tried rsov but they seem to have a low stock at the mo. Can u recommend any other add ons that i'm not thinking about or any other retailers evev, sick of chasing those guys down:D

Advertisement