Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglaries in College Court

Options
  • 23-01-2008 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

Hey everybody.

I was just talking to my friend a 4th year student currently doing her FYP.
    She is living in college court, and had been in the library yesterday trying to get her FYP done. She had enough and went home for a nap.
    She wasnt lying down for more than 15 minutes when she heard noise downstairs. She shouted out "Hello" thinking it was some of her housemates. When she went to investigate she saw 2 men she didnt know leaving the house rapidly! She didnt see their faces. She called the guards, who said they could do nothing. The lads were obviously attempting to rob the place and thought nobody was home.

This is the second time since the New Year that the house has been broken into. The previous time a knife was left on a bed upstairs.

This type of **** is uncalled for, regardless of whether it is knackers or not doing it! I'd like to ask people to be on the look out and be careful around college.

It is quite unsettling to think this is happening so close to campus, and nothing can be done about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Reinforces the idea that Castletroy really should have a Garda station but unfortunately as is usual in this country forward planning of any kind goes out the Window. I'd imagine it was pretty frightening for her being there by herself as well.

Advertisement