Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

test center location options

Options
  • 23-01-2008 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

I live in kilkenny but am from thurles and have been dividing my week between kilkenny and thurles for the past few months. I've also taken driving lessons in both places. Have to send a letter off tomorrow asking to be put on the cancelled test list and was wondering if I could say I'd do it in either thurles or kilkenny or do I have to name just one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Feachan

ztoical wrote: »
    I live in kilkenny but am from thurles and have been dividing my week between kilkenny and thurles for the past few months. I've also taken driving lessons in both places. Have to send a letter off tomorrow asking to be put on the cancelled test list and was wondering if I could say I'd do it in either thurles or kilkenny or do I have to name just one?
    Ztoical-The reality is that with SGS now doing a huge volume of tests you may well be sent to an SGS centre at or close to the town you asked for. i'd recommend you practise good driving habits rather than be concerned about which centre you might end up at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Feachan wrote: »
    i'd recommend you practise good driving habits rather than be concerned about which centre you might end up at.

I think you've misunderstood my question - I'm not concerned about which centre, what I asked is can you be put on the list for more then one. I waited 7 months for my first test and I'm not waiting another bloody 7 months, I would take a test in which ever one came up first IF you are allowed - someone told me you could only be on the list for one center at a time but reading some of the posts on here I was wondering if maybe they were wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

hi ztoical , i just rang the RSA about my son's test and they informed me that it had be allocated to SGS , when i rang SGS they gave me , the option of which test center i wanted and a few different dates to choose from , they were really nice on the phone and even wished my son the best of luck on his test which is due on the 6 of March .
    fitz

ps he applied for his test at the end of october for a cork test center

Advertisement