Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canavas print-anywhere cheap?

• 23-01-2008 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Hi, I want to put a photo onto canvas. I noticed Harvey Norman do it for about 100/120euro, cant remember exacty. Is there anywhere either in Dublin or on the net that does this cheaper??

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

www.updone.com

Check them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

A whole thread - on updone

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055174599&highlight=canvas

Generally everyone's very pleased with them but one guy in particular has had an issue with their customer service - others have been sorted alright though. I used them myself and was very pleased with the result and value for money. Have a good read of the thread though as there are plenty of recommendations and experiences on getting it pre-assembled or not, information on what to expect on customs, etc..

If you have a nice image, canvas can really set it off - good luck with it.

If not interested in the online option, a poster here 'stcstc' (Steve) can provide the service - he doesn't do mass produced so hence may not be as cheap but definitely worth a PM if you are interested.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

thanks for the recommendation

I can do prints, but as said above i aim for quality rather than cost

In terms of cost, if what you priced in harvey normas was around 100 euro for a 20*16, i can actually do it for less than that, my full price is 90 euro, but would give a discount to boards members and make it 65 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭mervifwdc

I'm getting Steve to do some stuff for me, 4 prints, and he's easy / nice to deal with. You speak to the actual guy doing the actual printing. That means a lot!

Merv.

merv

thanks for that recommendation

oh BTW your prints will be ready tomorrow :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭randomway

Compared to the online printers and high street labs, Steve Crozier is cheaper and strives for a much better quality. He is printing on a high-end Epson printer and uses expensive materials, not the budget yellowish canvas. Usually online printers don't care that much about quality. I've just got three canvas prints done with Steve and I couldn't be happier with the results. Yeah, there are places, where you could get the same size prints cheaper, but look at that picture after a few years and you will know what you paid for.

hey zoltan

thanks so much for the approval, and i am very glad you are happy with your prints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭mervifwdc

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks to stcstc for th canvas printing work. It's really cool! Very nice job.

I'll be getting other stuff done with you in the future!

Merv.

merv

thanks man

hope they work out well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dakooo

how do i get in contact with steve to buy prints

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I think there is a hint in his sig

www.360-dpi.com

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

stcstc wrote: »
    i can actually do it for less than that, my full price is 90 euro, but would give a discount to boards members and make it 65 euro

Thats a pretty nice discount, you still offering that as I was thinking of getting prints done for something during the summer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I know that Reads on Nassau Street do them (their print bureau, just off Nassau street), though I can't comment on quality

http://www.reads.ie/canvas-printing.html

There's a price list on that page, and they seem reasonable enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I reckon we massage steve's ego a bit too often here, lets to a ban on steve loving:D:D:D

:D:D:D

racheal

but i am such a nice guy, people cant help themselves, he he

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

was trying to get some canvas mounted from updone, but they wont send the wood to ireland so can only get the prints, so i wont bother with them.
    was just wondering what would 2 prints produced and mounted sizes 30" x 20" each would cost, if either of the two canvas producers would like to give an offer as i am now searching again for somewhere to get these prints done.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

no buying and selling on thread.

pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement