Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i audio repair

• 23-01-2008 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi have had an iaudio x5L for 18 months and now the headphone jack is knackered. Cowon's site would require a degree in astrophysics to find where you can complain, can anybody help with us, as i miss my walkman!!!
    Best walkman around but all i'm hearing is terrible news about contacting Cowon if something goes wrong which isn't on when you think of the price - 300 euros in July 2006.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

I feel your pain; my X5L died after 13months, and I ended up not being able to get it fixed at all. Which was a shame considering what a class player they are.

There is only one European support site that I know of, and that's based in Germany. So either google that site, or do a search on the www.iaudiophile.net forums for similar issues. Technically they only do Austria and Germany, but afaik if you ring them they will help you no matter where in Europe you're from. Don't bother emailing them, as they tend not to reply. Best of luck!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yep, officially there is limitted Cowon support in Europe (that's why on the Cowo Global page you will only find Korea, Japan and America), there's Germany and Italy AFAIK....have you tried contacting the seller? your contract is with them not Cowon, they should be the ones who organise getting it fixed for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 japq41

Hi there, just thought i'd let you know that the suppliers to peats - where i bought it - decided that because it was within 24 months if peats sent it to them, they would issue a credit note to peats, who in turn would pass it to me. Amazing thing is, that all actually happened and now i have a 300 euro credit note, happy days!! Thanks for taking the time to reply, remember keep your receipts and dont take no for an answer - Peats took some convincing initially!
    James
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,019 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

japq41 wrote: »
    Hi there, just thought i'd let you know that the suppliers to peats - where i bought it - decided that because it was within 24 months if peats sent it to them, they would issue a credit note to peats, who in turn would pass it to me. Amazing thing is, that all actually happened and now i have a 300 euro credit note, happy days!! Thanks for taking the time to reply, remember keep your receipts and dont take no for an answer - Peats took some convincing initially!
    James
    :D

They would have taken convincing because normally suppliers don't give cover for something that's older than 12 months. So had they just swapped it out and then tried to send it back to the supplier there is a very good chance that the supplier could have turned around and refused it.

Glad to hear it worked out for you though.

Advertisement