Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

printing

• 23-01-2008 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭

Is there a way of checking printer credit while logged onto a computer on campus? without going to the printer creditor machine?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Start Menu -> All Programs -> Student Printing (I think) -> Check your print credit here. This pops up a little turquoise icon in the system tray, hover the mouse pointer over it and your credit pops up.

I may not have got that start menu location exactly right but it's along those lines, the icon is a little turquoise box as I said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I think their is just a 'check your printer credit here' rather than going into student printing.

But yeah it comes up in the systems tray.

Now if only they'd do it so you could check it logging in via ucd connect.

Now if only they'd do it so you could check it logging in via ucd connect.
    But that would take all the fun out of guessing whether you've enough to print from your laptop :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Noes!!!!!!!!!!

Because it's always annoyign when you go printing and run downstairs to collect it and there's nothing there.

Breezer I call upon you to get me a printer credit machine (or else hack my account and give me 1 million euro credit).

I always wondered why we need to know the password (or how to hack accounts, if that floats your boat) to put money into the account. I suppose it stops people entering the wrong user ID by mistake. Puzzles me more at banks though: you give them your card, give them the money, then you need a PIN code. Maybe it stops people randomly using your account to store drug money.

[/off topic] :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement