Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro help/suggestions

Options
  • 23-01-2008 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Wonder if anyone out there has a similar problem and could help with the fault finding process - I've had a perfect metro connection for 18 months now but last night the modem would not seem to lock on apart from the odd very brief period here and there. It just goes through a cycle of all the lights coming on as they are supposed to slowly and then it repeats. I had plugged the modem in and out tonnes of times but no use - same thing.

I got through to tech support today and a very helpful member of staff had me reboot the antenna part which I had totally forgotten about and it did lock on. It looked as perhaps that was the cause and I was told signal strenght seemed fine and we finished the call leaving it at that.

Unfortunately the same problem has kept occuring since then. I've managed to get 30 - 60 mins out of it sometimes and just 10 minutes so no pattern to it. On the off chance my plugs could be faulty I've swapped them twice with others and same thing happens. I've tried wiggling the power cables of the modem and antenna while plugged in to see if the modem goes off and that does not drop the connection either.

So it could be either a faulty modem or perhaps the antenna on the roof or the cabling between them perhaps? Obviously I'll have to call tech support again but is there anything else I can try to help narrow down the fault or something obvious I'm missing? It's been fine for 18 months apart from this.

If is is deemed faulty does anyone know what digiwe do incases like this like send somebody out or just a new modem 1st?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

bindybandy wrote: »
    So it could be either a faulty modem or perhaps the antenna on the roof or the cabling between them perhaps?

I would imagine its a faulty modem, so you would think they would replace this first before they send a engineer out, seems the logical thing to do, but i'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Sounds like a fault with the hardware, As far as I know they will send out an engineer to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Yeah get on to Tech Supp. and they'll place a service call for you...AFAIK they'll do that for you instead of a new modem...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Could be a faulty PSU for part outdoor. You need a service call. It doesn't really sound like a faulty modem.

Advertisement