Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First date flowers

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭gbh

Well i got some answers...good luck...

talk among yerselves now, couldnt be arsed answering any more ignorant posts...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

GBH for your sanity and everyone else do whatever you want, bring them or don't bring them.
    You asked for people opinions on
    ....wondering what the opinion is on first date flowers...
    People gave their opinions, you didn't like them, oh well, is there not option to ignore other peoples opinions?
    Getting yourself in a twist and alluding to people being stupid is what will get you hated or banned.
    Stop being so bloody confrontational, its the bloody internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

We're not ignorant, we're usually very open minded. Unlike some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

gbh wrote: »
    How shall I answer this...

im free not to accept what others say, agreed?

GBH you are being ridiculous. It was you who asked us for our opinion in the first place, if you don't like the answers, ignore them. There is no need to be so rude and to throw a tantrum. Do what you like for Gods sake and while you're at it grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Silverfish wrote: »
    *hits waiter with flowers*

ROFL :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LilyM1980

I must agree I wouldn't be into flowers on a first date unless you want to scare her off !!!Just have a nice time:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

LilyM1980 wrote: »
    I must agree I wouldn't be into flowers on a first date unless you want to scare her off !!!Just have a nice time:)

I think the flowers will be very low on the list of things that could scare her off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I think a single rose would be quite sweet, not a bunch of flowers though, bit to bulky to be hauling around town.

Oh you put your foot in it now Az, I think that post just might be the last straw....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Oh you put your foot in it now Az, I think that post just might be the last straw....

Ya she is so on his ignore list now!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Rozabeez wrote: »

Listen, Lesbot! ... just shhhh! k *nods*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I wonder if he had the date yet? Would be interesting to see how it went :D

My opinion, if a guy was picking me up, I would think the flowers were a nice gesture. (Not roses though) Personally I love it when I'm in town and the guy I'm with buys a flower from the people going around selling them and would much prefer that on a first date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

I am in a relationship with my boyfriend for 2 years. He has never bought me flowers in the whole 2 years, even though he knows I LOVE flowers,all types. I often drop hints about flowers, receiving flowers, how romantic it is to receive flowers but he has never bought me some!!:( He says its a waste of money and flowes die after a week! :confused:

Then demand a plant.

Featherl wrote: »
    I am in a relationship with my boyfriend for 2 years. He has never bought me flowers in the whole 2 years, even though he knows I LOVE flowers,all types. I often drop hints about flowers, receiving flowers, how romantic it is to receive flowers but he has never bought me some!!:( He says its a waste of money and flowes die after a week! :confused:

lol
    sensible chap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

How about a nice cactus instead?

Cactus and plant sounds good idea but Im sure he will have some excuse for me!!

Blue Wolf, he is not a sensible chap - he is not the only one so! Are you the same?! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Flowers eh, I think they'd be nice if she invited you over for dinner, behind the back and a bottle of red in the other hand.

If you're meeting her in town, what's she going to do with them? I think it would be daft but don't know your circumstances for I'm not getting personal. For me on a first date, never. Speaking of which I've got one on Sunday night, yee haw!!!

Would love to hear how you got on though. Hope it went well dude.

Let things slide by the way, people won't always say what you want to hear and you only make yourself angry if you let people upset you. I'm just saying....

Bluey's a chick.

• Advertisement

Featherl wrote: »
    Blue Wolf, he is not a sensible chap - he is not the only one so! Are you the same?! :eek:

no im female
    i do like flowers but very rarely to get them
    rozy wrote:
    Bluey's a chick.
    squawk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

I hate it when people ask for advice and then don't want to listen to it if it doesn't suit them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pascal14

I always bring a few flowers, whatever keeps them happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Ask a question or advice on a public forum on the internet.... see what happens..

I hope the lesson is learned!

Locked!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement