Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trip to france

Options
  • 23-01-2008 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

My mate and I have decided to give the Marmotte a bash.Any others out there heading over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Sean02

If only I had the legs and lungs. 15,000ft. of climbs in one day. I can e.mail a interesting report from a previous years event if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ventoux

Cheers but I have already read quite a few of them.Anymore and I might
    get cold feet.BY all accounts its a tough day even for the very fit guys.
    I have done most of the climbs but not on the same day and that was tough enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Sean02

Go for it, if you don't it will haunt you. After all it's only few miles more than Dublin - Belfast. if you close your eyes on the climbs!!!! The reporter I read was a lady who took over 12 hours and her feet were very cold. however fair play she finished 29 of 34 ladies from 45 starters. That was in 1996 I think 2600 starters. How many last year??. Have you cycled between Anglet and Oloran-Sainte-Marie on your previous trips ?? Its the first day of my C2C in May and I am assuming its a better option than towards Pamplona to get to Jaca, Saragosa route. if you have cycled either roads let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ventoux

I havent cycled in that area apart from the pyrenees in05 when we caught the tour so I cant help you.I,m hoping to get round the marmotte in 9.15 as that would achieve gold standard for age cat but theres alot of work to be done as every thing is booked.

Advertisement