Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A cheap place for blinds

• 24-01-2008 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

in Dublin.
    Nothing fancy just bog standard blinds will do for a 4 bed house.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

B+Q have some nice one reasonably priced.

Have to fit them yourself though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

While someone else might think differently... I advise getting it done right.
    Unless you are very lucky and happen to have windows that are the right size for pre made blinds. Otherwise...
    I tried to get some but everything i bought was either the wrong size or just rubbish quality. I brought it all back and got curtains instead.

I did get sliding blinds for the patio from argos. This again is a one size fits all where i had to cut the pole bar to size, which since its thin metal.. bends when using a hacksaw! It works fine but looks a little crap.

So moral of the story is.. bargain blinds are rubbish and hard to find ones that fit.
    get a pro to fit them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Harry Corrys have some nice ones too.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Harry Corrys have some nice ones too.

Thats funny.. thats where i went, then brought them back to get curtains.
    They did have some nice ones.. but the only ones that fit my bedroom window was rubbish, made of plastic and drooped down the middle.

Like i said, if he is lucky and has window frame sizes that happen to be a standard size for blinds, then there is no problem. If not, get it done by a blind company.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Just got blinds fitted by Apollo Blinds & Curtains. Ver reasonable price for good blinds
    Here is the number (01)8723155

• Advertisement

Did you get the whole house done? How much was it out of curiosity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

B+Q have some nice one reasonably priced.

Have to fit them yourself though

VERY easy to fit - should take just a few minutes.

Check where the main sun is and whther you want a higher quality blind for rooms with brighter sun and basic quality for rooms with less sun. Also for safety, if blinds are going into a kids room, tie the pully up high or go for spring action.

I got basic blinds for the office (4 blinds) for a total of €32 in B&Q.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

I'd recommend Kavanaghs in Ballyfermot - they'll call out and measure (free too, from memory) used them twice (two different houses) great, and good value.

I'd echo what another poster said - unless you are very luck "standard" size B&Q blinds are unlikely to fit....

Paddy

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Online, www.b4i.ie might be worth a look.

I did not know Kavanaghs did that... I know they are great for other stuff like curtains etc.
    I used to live in Palmerstown, Parents are still there and use Kavanaghs all the time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

I used Kavanaghs to. See entry 14 in below link.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055068204&highlight=blinds

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Arnotts bargain basement, have all different sizes...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

640 for the whole gaffe. 7 windows in total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I went in there and they gave me a very fair deal with free measureing and fitting. SuperDuper

Advertisement