Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgusting - Grattan Street, Portlaoise

Options
  • 24-01-2008 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

What is the story with this street. Has to be the worst street in Ireland for dog poop. Are the residents letting their pets out on to the footpaths to do their business or what? Whatever the reason, residents there should be ashamed of themselves for not cleaning outside their homes. Do they not smell the stuff??? Everyday there is dog poop at some part of the street, sometimes more than one locations along the street. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elly-be

Hey there. Is there any way I can send you a private message re: your comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Yup - click my username "Danno" and choose PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Mountrath

You wouldn't get that too often in lovely Mountrath 8 Miles down the road from you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I notice that everytime I walk up and to the town centre. The same people who wouldn't want their dog taking a crap in their living room or garden have no problem letting their dog take a crap on the street. It's unsanitary. I believe there is a law or by-law regarding this but obviously not enforced, nobody to do it. It's spoiling the town for everybody. But then again, most people vomit, piss and **** all over the town centre every weekend, so what's the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

And this week it's worse. Some people have no sense of community pride.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭carpainter

I walk this route regularly also, however I think you'll find that dog owners from all over the town are responsible for the mess on the street. I've very rarely seen a dog owner clean up after their dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭srvhead

We need to instigate a 'scoop the poop' campaign! Seriously though, there are a lot of stray dogs in the town and any street other than main street is a target for them. Grattan street happens to be part of a popular walking route so it is going to get more than its fair share of pooping dogs.

Advertisement