Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kurt Angle On Pros Vs Joes

• 24-01-2008 6:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

I was watching a stream of the UFC show tonight and after it they showed a preview of Pros Vs Joes, which starts tomorrow. I've never watched the show before but it basically puts contestants up against former professional sportspeople in their respective sports. Kurt Angle is one of the pros. I'm not sure if he'll be on every show, but he's on the first episode and the preview that I just watched. Bob Sapp will also be on the show, they showed a clip of him body-kicking some guy off his feet

The reason that I started this thread is because Angle was brilliant on it! I had goosebumps watching him! I'll try find a video of it tomorrow, so I'll spoiler what happened for now, you'd have more fun watching the video
    First of all there was a shoot battle royal in a TNA ring in a big open air stadium between eight contestants. Whatever way it worked out they ended up with three guys who had to each pick a pro to go up against. Kurt was the second pro out and someone slagged his bald head, so he ripped his shirt off and got up in the guy's face shouting "6 foot, 250lbs! You got somethin to say?! SAY IT TO MY FACE!"

Angle got back in line until someone else said something again, so he got right up in the second guy's face, a large black tough looking man, telling him that he could have the first shot and calling him a bitch

When it came to picking time, Kurt was shouting at them to pick him. Of course, neither of the first two guys picked him. He went up to the lad who took the second pick and called him a bitch, saying he didn't have the guts to take him on. He was shouting at him to take a shot at him and the guy tried to talk the talk but he just backed down. It made Kurt look so awesome!

So later on it was time for Kurt to wrestle two contestants in the TNA ring with rain falling down. 3 minutes in the ring with Kurt, whoever got taken down the least times was through to the next round. Rudy Charles was the ref. Kurt gets a takedown in 7 seconds. Another one 13 seconds later. A total of 8 takedowns against the first guy. 7 on the second guy, but he was in some real heavy takedowns and took ages to get up so he probably saved himself at least another one

The contestants had been slagging Kurt when they were in their dressingroom but after seeing him in the ring they were a lot more respectful of how good he is

I used to be the biggest Kurt Angle fan. I never tired of seeing him on tv and I loved all his matches. But the current TNA Kurt Angle is someone who I just can't get into. He acts like an idiot and even admits that he's an idiot. His wife tries to bribe all his opponents with sex because she says that she doesn't trust him to win his title matches. In his last title defence he was more concerned about whether AJ Styles (the biggest joke in TNA) was on his side or not than he was about his opponent. That is not a wrestler who I can get behind. But Kurt Angle on this show was a guy who I absolutely loved. He was portrayed as a guy who takes no **** from anyone and who can back it all up. I want to see this man again because he entertained me a lot

I'm not saying this to rip on TNA, just to say that I realised that I'm still a huge Kurt Angle fan when he's not portrayed as an idiot. I just loved it

Video to come if I can find one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hope there's footage of this somewhere. Haven't found any thus far.

By the way, Daniel Puder's not involved by any chance? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

you can't just blame TNA on this, after all vince made angle look like an idiot at times too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rossie1977 wrote: »
    you can't just blame TNA on this, after all vince made angle look like an idiot at times too.

I don't remember him being booked as a self-admitted idiot when he held the title. There's a difference, the champ shouldn't be a comedy character. That doesn't entertain me. The Angle on this show did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

When Kurt angle is Kurt Angle then there is none better.This idea on having him on TNA appearing as idiot is bloody annoying.The guy has so much talent in both his wrestling and promo's.Every week before I watch impact I hope that I see the kurt which I love watching and every goddamn week im disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.spike.com/episode/25699

There, for all interested. The full episode, I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

http://www.spike.com/episode/25699

There, for all interested. The full episode, I believe.

That's the one. Kurt's on after about 5 minutes and then he does his challenge later on, probably a little after the halfway mark. The show itself wasn't great, I just loved the bits with Kurt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Kurt destroyed the second guy. He slammed him pretty hard. He made the Joes wet themselves at the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I just watched the whole thing. Not great aside from the Angle bits which were interesting. I really hate those Yank shows featuring OTT Americans going on about how fantastic they are.

"I want to prove I'm the best. That I'm the man. I'm here to represent. Yeahhhhh!!!"

Also hated how they disrespected Kurt at the start but he made them eat their words a little later on. Best bit was when he called that arrogant prick a bitch and shoved him. The guy had a look of pure terror on his face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

rossie1977 wrote: »

Agreed!

"Jimmy crack corn and i dont care, I've got Olympic gold' while wearing a childs cowboy hat, and strumming a banjo to a 4 year olds level. It was a funny segment, granted!

Advertisement