Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantsy VII

Options
  • 24-01-2008 6:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

I need to play this game again. Anyone know where i might be ale to buy a copy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

havent checked but im sure someone on ebay is flogging a copy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

yeah eBay or Amazon

What a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Keith C wrote: »
    already have it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DaithiDuil

Such a super super game! anyone defeat the weapons? Its something I only did last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

look like softuk got a sale on old games,including FF7!OP you are lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Markvtos

Actually, while your answering FF7 based questions...

Is there anywhere i can buy/download a copy of FF7 for PC, or did it even come out on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

yes,it did release on PC Mark :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dbarcari

You can download it, but unless you're running windows 2k or 98, it'll be a bit of a nightmare.

• Advertisement

dbarcari wrote: »
    You can download it, but unless you're running windows 2k or 98, it'll be a bit of a nightmare.

Mine runs fine on XP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Be warned that the PC port isn't the best and all the game sounds are dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Would there be any issues if I ran a win 95 copy on a vista machine?!
    Excuse my ignorance:o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

land9 wrote: »
    Would there be any issues if I ran a win 95 copy on a vista machine?!
    Excuse my ignorance:o
    I ran it fine on xp, don't know about vista. Try running it under compatibility mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

compatibility mode.

Wtf is that!?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

land9 wrote: »
    Wtf is that!?
    Right click the exe to play the game and click properties. Then click the compatibility tab. Tick the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select windows xp from the dropdown list.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Friend gave me the PC port of it a while back.. i must install it sometime :)

vista runs the majority of stuff fine. if you experience trouble do as above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 L4Flare

Fav FF game by far. completed it at least 6 times by now on the playstation. A few years ago I downloaded 3 disc images (ISOs) of the PS1 version from Limewire but i havent got them anymore. It was a lot of hasstle actually, i had to mount them using daemon tools and play it using a ps1 emultor. It'd be easier just buying the game off eBay or Amazon like they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭davidtobin100

=)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i got the ultima edition... crashed on my pc everytime as soon as i got the highwind thingy with cid...bent, might get that ps1 copy, didnt think new copies were still on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭davidtobin100

Apparently they haven't pressed any new copies in five years. That said there were so many made you shouldn't have to pay over 20 euro for a new copy through ebay.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

buy it =)

I used to have it on the ps but for a replay the pc version is great, it's all ran smoothly for me, and I've got to the equiv of the 3rd disc, my gold chocobo and all the sidegames done. Just Diamond left and then to finish it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Diamond? Do you mean Ruby or Emerald? Not nitpicking, I thought you fought Diamond on Disc 2, but my memory could be off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yes Diamond attacks midgar, emerald is in the water, and ruby in the desert and ultimate flying.

And Sapphire is rumored to be the one that gets BOOM!! headshotted at junon, but thats never confirmed in game.

For years I htought that emerald was teh same one that gets its head blown off at junon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Yeah, 'Sapphire' was never officially named.

Man, I remember the first time I tried to play through FFVII. I got to the stage where you meet the Weapons for the first time (stunning cut scene for it's time) and I repeatedly got the "illegal operation" error. After hours of frustration and irritating phone calls to Eidos, I got a floppy disk sent to me with a save file. Didn't have a clue how to use it. Gave up, reluctantly. Re-installed it a year later and it worked fine. What a game. Nothing's come close; don't know if it was because of my age at the time but no game's ever had such an impact...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I never got anywhere near as far nto this game as I should have or wanted to.

Seeing as they are reworking and rereleasing the original gamesin the series for Nintendo DS does anybody know of any reason why they might not do the same for FFVII? I'm thinking licences and other such legal issues.

This game would have to be my favorite game of all time. Even with the GTA's ofthis day and the amount I play CSS. This game's story was just unreal and great to play as a kid. I still have the discs at home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I never got anywhere near as far nto this game as I should have or wanted to.

Seeing as they are reworking and rereleasing the original gamesin the series for Nintendo DS does anybody know of any reason why they might not do the same for FFVII? I'm thinking licences and other such legal issues.

1) the size of the game couldn't possibly fit on a cartridge.
    2) as far as square enix are concerned, FFVII is their baby, something they can always fall back on. not to be a wasted opportunity
    3) the complilation of FFVII recently is the only work they plan for it for the foreseeable future....albeit that damn PS3 rumour

Advertisement