Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantsy VII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

RedXIV wrote: »
    1) the size of the game couldn't possibly fit on a cartridge.
    2) as far as square enix are concerned, FFVII is their baby, something they can always fall back on. not to be a wasted opportunity
    3) the complilation of FFVII recently is the only work they plan for it for the foreseeable future....albeit that damn PS3 rumour

I hadn't thought of that, you're entirely right.

FFIII has just been released for DS and has been given a similar style to FFVII, anyone know if its worthwhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

FFIII has just been released for DS and has been given a similar style to FFVII, anyone know if its worthwhile?

It's not a bad game, but it's nowhere near 7 - there's an irish reference in it; some of the enemies which look an awful lot like leprechaun's are called "Far Jarrig" (fear dearg!)

The only fault I could find with it is the screen size!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Supermanscat

Any chance of a ff7 or any final fantasy game coming out on the wii?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RedXIV wrote: »
    1) the size of the game couldn't possibly fit on a cartridge.

I think this is far from the truth. The N64 version of Resi 2 fit all 2 CDs of the games on to a 64mbit cartridge with all the FMV in reduced quality. The biggest DS cartridge available is 4 times that size. You also have to remember that the entire FFVII game is present on each CD only the FMVs are different. So with todays compression and the small screen resolution of the DS the game could quite easily fit on a 256 or 512 MB cartridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Lee Snowflake

I have a copy of FFVII on the PSone. Love going back to play it. I hope they do a remake and release it on the 360.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think this is far from the truth. The N64 version of Resi 2 fit all 2 CDs of the games on to a 64mbit cartridge with all the FMV in reduced quality. The biggest DS cartridge available is 4 times that size. You also have to remember that the entire FFVII game is present on each CD only the FMVs are different. So with todays compression and the small screen resolution of the DS the game could quite easily fit on a 256 or 512 MB cartridge.

I Noticed FFXII is now available for DS, come on with the VII!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

thats a different XII not the console version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

I have a copy of FFVII on the PSone. Love going back to play it. I hope they do a remake and release it on the 360.

I will personally kill all members of the sqaure enix teasm if they were ever to do somethingas horrible as release FFVII of all games onto the 360

ps3 ftw :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭alfaz

bought the xbox360 a couple of weeks ago so i could get gta and all the other new games out at the minute, but i reckon i'd easily go back and play FF7 anytime, thanks for the reminder must dust the game off. i've the platinum edition, shame i don't have one of the originals.

I'd love a re-release of the game with the SAME story with better graphics etc for a newer console. Would be class.

• Advertisement

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    I will personally kill all members of the sqaure enix teasm if they were ever to do somethingas horrible as release FFVII of all games onto the 360

ps3 ftw :cool:
    I woulnd't even piss on a PS3. Sony are useless. The only good thing they have ever done is the PSone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

Hey, I loved the PS2 (or rather, the games that were released for it). Anyway, I'd like a remake for the PS3. Graphics only. Nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

Haha.
    Own you all.
    Got me a copy for 4 euro in st vincent de pauls in bray.
    Owned.

Which one? The original PSX version?

matthew26 wrote: »
    Which one? The original PSX version?
    Hell yeah.
    It had all 3 discs of VII and (!) a demo of VIII. How cool is that?

Very. I might get another copy since Disc 3 already has a lot of scratches.

I don't know how, but I mangaed to somehow blunder my way through all of disc two (on my original copy), even though disc two had, quite literally, a bite out of it. I had to save every ten seconds and hope to **** an FMV didn't come up. If it did, I had to switch out the discs.
    That reminds me, anyone else know the unlimitied time/regen cheat?

To do the regenerate cheat: get in a fight, kill all the enemies except 1, cast regenerate on whatever characters and defeat the last enemy. As the victory music is playing open the disc cover. The game can't load the next screen so the characters will keep regenerating until either their health is full or the disc cover is closed.
    Is this the cheat you are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Make sure the one you get is sealed if you buy on ebay. Possible to get this game onto the psp.

noodler wrote: »
    Possible to get this game onto the psp.

How?!

• Advertisement

To do the regenerate cheat: get in a fight, kill all the enemies except 1, cast regenerate on whatever characters and defeat the last enemy. As the victory music is playing open the disc cover. The game can't load the next screen so the characters will keep regenerating until either their health is full or the disc cover is closed.
    Is this the cheat you are talking about?
    Close, but no cigar.
    What you do, and this is much easier, you get one character to cast regen/all, then you get another character to cast magic straight after. As the character is casting (while they have the rings around them, open the disc cover. The music will slow own but everything will be ok in the end :P.
    Basically, the gamne can't load the next bit of the magic but time will keepgoing.
    When your characters are fully healed, put down the disc cover. It'll take a minute but it'll load after a bit.
    Fun fun fun for all the family.
    Unfortunately impossible on newer versions.

andgoodbye wrote: »
    Close, but no cigar.
    What you do, and this is much easier, you get one character to cast regen/all, then you get another character to cast magic straight after. As the character is casting (while they have the rings around them, open the disc cover. The music will slow own but everything will be ok in the end :P.
    Basically, the gamne can't load the next bit of the magic but time will keepgoing.
    When your characters are fully healed, put down the disc cover. It'll take a minute but it'll load after a bit.
    Fun fun fun for all the family.
    Unfortunately impossible on newer versions.
    I never realised you could do it during the fight. Must try it next time I play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kildare Dude"91

omg i ****ing love final fantasy like i got 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 10-2 12, crisis core, tactics advance, tactics war of the lions, chocoo tales, and r wings lol im a nerd and my gosh dont i just no it :D

omg i ****ing love final fantasy like i got 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 10-2 12, crisis core, tactics advance, tactics war of the lions, chocoo tales, and r wings lol im a nerd and my gosh dont i just no it :D

All hail king nerd!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Search gamefaqs if you want a full faq about how to get this game on your psp (the boards-its an actual topic on the ff7 forum there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kildare Dude"91

i love my nerdyness :D

Best cheat ever is still the W-Item one where you could have infinite items. I bet you guys already know how it works, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

I always felt the W-Item trick was intentional.
    In Northern Cave(the final dungeon of the game) there's the enemy Magic Pot, that you're supposed to give Elixirs and Mega-Elixirs instead of attacking. The more you give, the more exp you get when you finally kill it. My opinion is that the W-Item trick was there to give you enough Elixirs to feed the Pots, thus leveling you up so the player would be ready for facing the final bosses if they came in a little under-prepared!
    Could be wrong(probably am), it's just a thought I had! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Best game of all time. I've played it start to finish somewhere between 30-50 times these last 11 years. It's the only game I can safely say I've done everything in, and literally mean EVERYTHING.

Megalixers don't work on magic pots, only elixers.

And the W-Item trick I think is just a glitch. The game is without in-game cheats. All the tricks you can do- the regen trick, the battle arena slow-slots trick- are just that: tricks. Which is why I think W-Item isn't intentional. Also consider this trick can cause items to disappear if use one and then cancel without using the second item.

• Advertisement

Haha. I bet a lot of people lost a few items while experimenting on the trick.

Advertisement