Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantsy VII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

that regen trick sounds pathetic, if ya can't clear the game without cheating ya shouldn't bother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

If anyone wants to make money, play.com have a second hand PC version listed at €200 :eek:

sell sell sell!!!

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/2555381/Final-Fantasy-VII/Product.html

or

FFVIII for €71 or €150

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/2554041/Final-Fantasy-VIII/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=1

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I want to sell my rare FF7 Versus strategy guide actually.

Is the PC version THAT rare>?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

that regen trick sounds pathetic, if ya can't clear the game without cheating ya shouldn't bother
    You sound pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

Oi, oi. Let's keep it peaceful here. We wouldn't like a one-on-one battle without materia and megalixirs here would we? Hahah.

• Advertisement

matthew26 wrote: »
    Oi, oi. Let's keep it peaceful here. We wouldn't like a one-on-one battle without materia and megalixirs here would we? Hahah.
    *Equips self and uses Y-item trick on megalixers*
    :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

andgoodbye wrote: »
    You sound pathetic.

If you read the charter you will notice that personal abuse is a bannable offense. This is a warning, keep it civil or I will ban you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭SuperHans

Keith C wrote: »
    If anyone wants to make money, play.com have a second hand PC version listed at €200 :eek:

sell sell sell!!!

or

FFVIII for €71 or €150

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/2554041/Final-Fantasy-VIII/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=1

How much do you reckon a working original playstation version complete with booklet and case would go for?

I bought a sealed one (platinum) for about 30 euros on ebay 2 years ago. I assume they have gone even rarer tho.

I would put it as high as you want and see what happens. Check ebay for the competition.

If only I realized that people will be paying a lot for it in like more than 10 years or so I would have bought multiple copies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Keith C wrote: »

sell sell sell!!!

or

FFVIII for €71 or €150

Thats a complete rip off...30e or less on ebay, just look out for a 99/100% seller.

Also the port to pc is the worst ive seen and ive played both psx and pc versions. The fmvs are destroyed. If you never played FF7 before dont ruin it on yourself by playing the pc port!

carbonkid wrote: »
    Thats a complete rip off...30e or less on ebay, just look out for a 99/100% seller.

Also the port to pc is the worst ive seen and ive played both psx and pc versions. The fmvs are destroyed. If you never played FF7 before dont ruin it on yourself by playing the pc port!
    Well I played and saw no problems with it, except for the occasional crash on vista, easily fixed by a patch download from online.

I believe the PC music is crap. Listen to any PC ff7 vids on teh youtube.

anyone heard of the versus ff7 guide?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah the PC music is all in midi format which sounds dreadful compared to the .psf format the playstation uses. Also I believe that one winged angel is missing from the soundtrack.

The PC FMVs aren't actually butchered. They are in the same 320x240 resolution as on the playstation the only difference is that the low resoluiton of these videos is far more noticable on a monitor rather than a standard CRT tv. Play FFVII on a PS3 on a nice hi def display and it will look just as pants.

There is no way the pc and the psx fmv sizes are the same, just no way. I played the pc version first and psx after, couldnt believe how clear all the psx versions were .

The pc fmvs look ok only if you have the small screen set up rather than full-screen. Your playing on a tiny little box on your computer. I played the psx version on a large widescreen tv and all the fmvs looked perfect.

Is there any place online to legally download this game? Just dug out my original version, but it keeps stalling/glitching etc.
    Would shops like GameStop have 2nd hand versions to buy(for the ps1)?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Lee Snowflake

I went into GameStop about 3 years ago looking for a copy of FFVII and the dude behind the counter laughed at me. I asked him why he was laughing and he said because it's like gold-dust. Try looking on eBay or some other auction site.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Try amazon,they should have it id say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I reccommend Ebay first.

• Advertisement

Cheers, but I don't really want to go down the ebay/amazon route. Need a quick fix!
    Is it possible to download the pc version?

Lol...dude look up at the ad on top of the forum (might have to refresh the page), think that might be what your looking for.

[link removed, looks warezy - nekkidbibleman]

Yeah, a PC version installer can be found floating around the web. I'd still go with the PSX version though.

noodler wrote: »
    I reccommend Ebay first.

good for you!

Lol - thats kinda weird removing a link to an ad thats already on the boards.ie banner...btw what does warezy mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Currently playing this on my eeepc 701.

Life is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

is there not meant to be the remake of this game coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Lee Snowflake

brennaldo wrote: »
    is there not meant to be the remake of this game coming soon
    No, somebody made a mock-up and put it on the internet. Getting our hopes up like that, they should be beaten with their own limbs. But i really do hope it gets re-released.

• Advertisement

Mr Crystal wrote: »
    I just started playing this earlier. Seems good so far.

Best game I ever played growing up. ****ing crazyingly addicting.

Advertisement