Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

paintwork damage to car

• 24-01-2008 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

i came back to a nice present left by some a**hole, a lump of paintwork missing from the wheelarch of my car. its about 1 x 1/2 inch in size and the metal of the car body has been exposed. aside from needing to get this repaired should i do anything to the affected area in the meantime to prevent further damage? should be worried about corrsosion/rust ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

What kind of car is it? Odds are if new that it is fully galvanised so no need to worry about rust before you get it repaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

What kind of car is it? Odds are if new that it is fully galvanised so no need to worry about rust before you get it repaired.

its a 07 lexus is250, so i would expect it to be galvanised, thanks for the info i just saw bare metal and started to worry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Oh dear, just make sure you get a top notch repair, sounds like you may be heading for a re-sprayed wing so you need it to be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

Oh dear, just make sure you get a top notch repair, sounds like you may be heading for a re-sprayed wing so you need it to be perfect.

/cry

i only had the other side front wing done last week :(

Advertisement