Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very cool Wii Head Tracking demo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

This was posted already but does look exciting. The PC, apparently, has had a similar head tracking peripherals for quite some time.

Listening to a PC gaming podcast; one of the hosts, Shawn Elliot, mentioned how crazy some Nintendo fans were going - raving about this tech demo. His takeaway comment was:

"Not all Nintendo fans are retards, but all retards are indeed Nintendo fans." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Looks pretty cool alright :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Fnz wrote: »

Listening to a PC gaming podcast; one of the hosts, Shawn Elliot, mentioned how crazy some Nintendo fans were going - raving about this tech demo. His takeaway comment was:

"Not all Nintendo fans are retards, but all retards are indeed Nintendo fans." :D

that guy sounds like a WITTY GENIUS.
    my god, wat a clever comment. and for you to re-print it, a masterstroke i must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

This is damn cool alright

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Hellah cool, I was amazed when he did the head tracking on the camera.
    Uber Pr0!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Fnz wrote: »
    This was posted already but does look exciting. The PC, apparently, has had a similar head tracking peripherals for quite some time.

And this is why nobody likes PC gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Jazzy wrote: »
    my god, wat a clever comment. and for you to re-print it, a masterstroke i must say.
    And this is why nobody likes PC gamers.

Jesus, lighten up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That WAS rather special. I really wouldn't mind seeing someone with game-developer sized wallets doing something with this idea. Actually having to physically duck and weave to avoid getting hit would make FPS games really rather interesting.

I guess you had to be there - context and stuff.

Your extreme sarcasm actually burnt my face a little. Well done!

yeah, truth and **** hurts when ur not talking arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

In fairness your point about it being on pc's for ages sounded petty... the technology int he wii is not new - but it's cheap and accessable to over 20m people... that makes it special.

PC fanboys really need to get laid

sprinkles wrote: »
    In fairness your point about it being on pc's for ages sounded petty... the technology int he wii is not new - but it's cheap and accessable to over 20m people... that makes it special.

wat? in between doing all the sums you have to do in the witcher? and in fairness, there is a raid at 10 tonite... how can u fit in a sex life with that sort of schedule ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Asbad wrote: »
    Jesus, lighten up

i stand by my comment.

wat? in between doing all the sums you have to do in the witcher? and in fairness, there is a raid at 10 tonite... how can u fit in a sex life with that sort of schedule ?
    I was using the same "narrow mindedness" that you used when you quoted - "Not all Nintendo fans are retards, but all retards are indeed Nintendo fans." just after you put down the OP.... but it seems that it was lost on you

sprinkles wrote: »

I have little interest in one-upmanship when it comes to different platforms.

As I mentioned, someone had posted the above video before and I thought it looked great (all the possibilities) - it looks like it would be great craic if implemented on the Wii. Seeing it first, I thought it was going to be new technology (for the mass market). I have only recently heard that similar technology has been available to the mass market and was sharing the info.

The rest of my comment was just a subjectively humorous view of Nintendo fanboys from someone who works in the industry. He was referring to their response to this video - and how it confirmed to him "that old adage" quoted above. I have no strong feelings either way towards the fans - don't know enough about them to have an opinion- but I know Nintendo's fanboys have a reputation of being the most fanatical and loyal.

I wasn't expecting Jazzy to be quite so offended:
    yeah, truth and **** hurts when ur not talking arse

There was... "truth"?

... and why are you so... damn... angry? :confused:

Anyway... the rest of that guys stuff on his website is pretty good. There was a thread on it before - If he can do this surely nintendo can come up with something even better......

Advertisement